Our online classes can be taken from anywhere in the world!
You do not need to be a University of Saskatchewan student to take our classes, and they are open to anyone aged 16+ unless they are listed as adults and youth in which case they are for 12+.
Welcome to the University of Saskatchewan's Community Arts and Artisanship Program. We offer non-degree art classes and workshops in drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, metalwork, glass art, textiles, and more. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned artist looking to learn new skills, we have a range of classes offered by experienced artists who enjoy teaching and supporting students in their creative journeys. You can register online or by calling 306-966-5539 or 306-966-4355.
In order to continue to protect our community, our classes will be offered online unless otherwise indicated. Although the experience is a bit different, there are benefits such as not having to carry all your supplies and artwork to campus, and being able to attend from wherever you live.
- Classes are delivered live/synchronously through short lectures, demonstrations, time to work on projects, instructor feedback, and class sharing.
- Classes are not recorded.
- Enrolment is limited to keep class sizes small.
- You will receive the online meeting information the day before the start of class.
- We take registrations up to the second class if the class is not full.
Mid Fall 2021 Classes (5 weeks)
|Mondays||1-4pm||Acrylic Painting Fundamentals FULL||Robin Adair|
|Mondays||5-8pm||Ink Drawing Fundamentals ONE SPOT LEFT||Robin Adair|
|Mondays||5-8pm||More Embroidery Explorations||Kara Perpelitz|
|Wednesdays||1-4pm||Art Journaling Fundamentals FULL||Robin Adair|
|Wednesdays||1-4pm||Sketching With Ink and Watercolour FULL||Patricia Katz|
|Wednesdays||5-8pm||My Story: The Mandala on Silk Wheel||Bonny Macnab|
|Thursdays||5:30-8:30pm||Making the Most of your DSLR FULL||Shona Iverson|
- If you had registered for a class but are unable to attend, we will issue a refund minus a $75 administration fee prior to class start date. There are no refunds issued after the class start date.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes when there is insufficient enrolment. In these cases, a full refund will be issued. Before buying you supplies, you can check the enrolment numbers by clicking the Register Now button on the class webpage and/or contacting us for guidance.
- We are unable to do transfers from one term to another term.
- If a class is cancelled during the term, these hours will be rescheduled and made up. However, we are unable to offer make-up classes for students who have missed a class.
- Looking for credit/degree art classes? Visit the Department of Art and Art History.
Supply lists are found on the class pages. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment, so please keep all your receipts in case you need to return items. Places to purchase supplies include:
- Art Placement Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials. Just let them know you are a student with us.
- Hues Art Supply Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials. Just let them know you are a student with us. Art Bundles for some of our classes are available.
- Periwinkle Quilting
- Prairie Lily Knitting
- Sculpture Supply Canada for plasticine.
- T&T Tree Pottery Supply for clay sculpture supplies and tools.
- The Paint Spot
- University Book Store
- Wool Emporium
Facebook Art Group
So many of us appreciate the joy and benefits of doing art in community. We can still be together. If you are doing art at home and missing your art friends, come join us and share your creations. Let's finish up some class projects, and explore new media, ideas, or anything at all that's artistic and creative. Everyone is welcome, all Community Arts students and instructors, and also anyone in the broader community, so feel free to invite others!