We offer non-degree art classes and workshops in drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, metalwork, glass art, textiles, and more. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned artist looking to learn new skills, we have a range of classes offered by experienced artists who enjoy teaching and supporting students in their creative journeys.
Adult classes are open to everyone 16 years or older. We also have classes for children and youth aged 6-15. Affiliation to the University of Saskatchewan is not necessary nor required.
Fall 2023 Classes
|Mon||1-4pm||Online||10||Sep 18||Painting I: Landscapes FULL||Robin Adair|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 18||Acrylic Painting I||Athanasia Perdikaris|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||Sep 18||Colour Mixing and Design||Craig Berry|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||Oct 30||Colour Mixing and Design||Craig Berry|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 18||Drawing I||Robin Adair|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||5||Sep 18||Intro to Stained Glass: Foil FULL||Lenneke Verweij|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||5||Oct 30||Stained Glass II: Foiled Lamps FULL||Lenneke Verweij|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 18||Felting I: Flat Felting||Kara Perpelitz|
|Tue||1-4pm||In-person||10||Sep 19||Acrylic Painting I ONE SPOT LEFT||Robin Adair|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 26||Drawing II: Figure and Portrait||Craig Berry|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 19||Design Principles and Elements||Robin Adair|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||Hybrid||10||Sep 26||Sculpture I||Adrian Golban|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||Sep 19||Making the Most of your Phone Camera||Shona Iverson|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||5||Oct 24||Making the Most of your Phone Camera||Shona Iverson|
|Tue||6-9pm||In-person||10||Sep 19||Watercolour I FULL||Alison Montgomery|
|Tue||6-9pm||In-person||5||Sep 26||Dyeing, Painting and Embellishing Textiles||Jill Cope|
|Wed||1-4pm||Online||10||Sep 20||Drawing I FULL||Craig Berry|
|Wed||1-4pm||Online||10||Sep 20||Drawing II||Robin Adair|
|Wed||1-4pm||Online||5||Nov 1||Sculptural Needle Felting||Kara Perpelitz|
|Wed||1:30-4:30pm||Online||5||Nov 1||Watercolour II: Sketching with Ink and Watercolour FULL||Pat Katz|
|Wed||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 20||Photography I||Shona Iverson|
|Wed||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||5||Sep 20||Stitching Odyssey I||Kara Perpelitz|
|Wed||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||5||Nov 1||Stitching Odyssey II||Kara Perpelitz|
|Wed||6:30-9:30pm||Online||10||Sep 20||Comics, Graphic Novels, and Manga I and II ONE SPOT LEFT||Robin Adair|
|Thu||1-4pm||In-person||10||Sep 21||Art Journalling I and II||Robin Adair|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 21||Acrylic Painting II||Robin Adair|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Sep 21||Drawing II: Portraits||Craig Berry|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Hybrid||10||Sep 28||Sculpture II and III||Adrian Golban|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||In-person||10||Sep 21||Acrylic Painting I: Abstract Painting||Lia ter Heide|
|Fri||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Sep 22||Acrylic Painting II: Abstract||Robin Adair|
You can register online or by calling 306-966-5539 or 306-966-4355. Students can register up to the second class when spaces are available.
- Withdrawing from a class prior to the day of the first class will result in a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There are no refunds issued after the class start date.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes when there is insufficient enrolment. In these cases, a full refund will be issued. Before buying supplies, please check enrolment numbers by clicking the Register Now button on the class webpage and/or contacting us for guidance.
- We are unable to do transfers from one term to another term.
- When classes are cancelled during the term, these hours are rescheduled and made up. However, we are unable to offer make-up classes for students who have missed a class.
For online classes:
- Zoom links are sent out 1 day prior to class start date.
- Classes are delivered live/synchronously through short lectures, demonstrations, time to work on projects, instructor feedback, and class sharing. Classes are not recorded.
Looking for credit/degree art classes? Visit the Department of Art and Art History.
Location and Parking
We are located in the Williams Building at 221 Cumberland Ave North. Washrooms are located on the second floor, and there is an elevator at the south end of the building.
Public parking in Lot 4651 directly behind and adjacent to the Williams Building is $2.00/hr Monday to Saturday, 7:30am to 10pm, and free on Sundays. Payment options are:
Permit parking passes are available in the evening and on the weekend for the W Lot plug-in spots between the Williams Building and the graduate student residences. The cost for a night permit is $50.00 per term for a single day per week, and $75.00 per term for multiple nights. To purchase a permit, go in person to Parking Services at 72 Campus Drive.
The plug-in spots are for parking pass holders only and you will be ticketed if you park there without one.
Stay Up To Date
Supply lists are found on the class pages. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment, so please keep all your receipts in case you need to return items. Places to purchase supplies include:
- Art Placement Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials
- Hues Art Supply Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials
- Periwinkle Quilting
- Prairie Lily Knitting
- Sculpture Supply Canada for plasticine
- T&T Tree Pottery Supply for clay sculpture supplies and tools.
- The Paint Spot
- University Book Store
- Wool Emporium
Facebook Art Group
We appreciate the joy and benefits of doing art in community! Come join us and share your creations. You don't have to be a Community Arts and Artisanship student, everyone is welcome!