Adult Classes (ages 16+)
Welcome to the University of Saskatchewan's Community Arts and Artisanship Program. We offer non-degree art classes and workshops in drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, metalwork, glass art, textiles, and more. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned artist looking to learn new skills, we have a range of classes offered by experienced artists who enjoy teaching and supporting students in their creative journeys. You can register online or by calling 306-966-5539 or 306-966-4355.
- Any affiliation to the University of Saskatchewan is not necessary nor required.
- Some of our classes are also open to ages 12-15.
- Although most classes will remain online, we are offering some of our classes in person. Up-to-date USask vaccination and masking requirements are posted here.
- Students can register up to the second class when spaces are available.
For online classes:
- Zoom links are sent out 1 day prior to class start date.
- Classes are delivered live/synchronously through short lectures, demonstrations, time to work on projects, instructor feedback, and class sharing.
- Classes are not recorded.
2022 Spring Classes
|Mon||1-4pm||Online||10||Apr 11||Drawing II ONE SPOT LEFT||Robin Adair|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||Apr 18||Pen and Ink Fundamentals||Robin Adair|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||May 30||Brush and Ink Fundamentals||Robin Adair|
|Mon||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||May 30||Mobile Photography||Shona Iverson|
|Tue||1-4pm||Online||10||Apr 19||Acrylic Painting I||Robin Adair|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Apr 12||Principles and Elements ONE SPOT LEFT||Robin Adair|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||In person||10||Apr 12||Drawing II: Figure and Portrait||Craig Berry|
|Tue||5:30-8:30pm||Online||5||May 17||DSLR Photography||Shona Iverson|
|Tue||6:30-9:30pm||Online||5||Apr 12||Watercolour Wildlife Portraits||Alison Montgomery|
|Wed||1-4pm||Online||10||Apr 13||Acrylic Painting II FULL||Robin Adair|
|Wed||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Apr 13||Drawing II: Portraits||Craig Berry|
|Wed||5:30-8:30pm||In person||5||Apr 13||Watercolour Landscape||Alison Montgomery|
|Thu||1-4pm||In person||10||Apr 14||Drawing I||Robin Adair|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Apr 14||Drawing I||Craig Berry|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Both||10||Apr 21||Sculpture I: Face Elements||Adrian Golban|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Both||10||Apr 21||Sculpture II||Adrian Golban|
|Thu||5:30-8:30pm||Both||5||Apr 21||Portrait Relief Sculpture||Adrian Golban|
|Fri||5:30-8:30pm||Online||10||Apr 15||Art Journalling I and II||Robin Adair|
|Sat||9am-12pm||Online||10||Apr 16||Acrylic Painting II||Robin Adair|
- Withdrawing from a class prior to the day of the first class will result in a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There are no refunds issued after the class start date.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes when there is insufficient enrolment. In these cases, a full refund will be issued. Before buying supplies, please check enrolment numbers by clicking the Register Now button on the class webpage and/or contacting us for guidance.
- We are unable to do transfers from one term to another term.
- When classes are cancelled during the term, these hours are rescheduled and made up. However, we are unable to offer make-up classes for students who have missed a class.
Looking for credit/degree art classes? Visit the Department of Art and Art History.
Supply lists are found on the class pages. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment, so please keep all your receipts in case you need to return items. Places to purchase supplies include:
- Art Placement Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials. Just let them know you are a student with us.
- Hues Art Supply Community Arts Students receive 10% off all regular priced materials. Just let them know you are a student with us. Art Bundles for some of our classes are available.
- Periwinkle Quilting
- Prairie Lily Knitting
- Sculpture Supply Canada for plasticine.
- T&T Tree Pottery Supply for clay sculpture supplies and tools.
- The Paint Spot
- University Book Store
- Wool Emporium
Facebook Art Group
So many of us appreciate the joy and benefits of doing art in community. We can still be together. If you are doing art at home and missing your art friends, come join us and share your creations. Let's finish up some class projects, and explore new media, ideas, or anything at all that's artistic and creative. Everyone is welcome, all Community Arts students and instructors, and also anyone in the broader community, so feel free to invite others!