Academic Advising in the College of Arts and Science
Welcome to the Undergraduate Student Office!
The Undergraduate Student Office (UGSO) in the College of Arts and Science is a place where undergraduate students can schedule an appointment to meet with an academic advisor.
It’s a great idea to meet with an academic advisor once a year throughout your studies, or anytime you have questions or concerns about your academic planning or progress.
Advisors act as coaches, mentors and advocates for students throughout their academic studies. They take a "holistic" approach, which means they not only assist students with their academic needs, but also connect students with on-campus and off-campus supports so their personal, educational and health-related needs are considered.
- choosing a major and choosing courses
- confirmation of program and degree requirements
- clarification of academic policies and procedures
- academic appeals, deferred exam requests, graduation checks
- visiting student requests, second degree requirements
- inquiries about "required to discontinue" notices and probation status
- discussion of confirmed transfer credits
- strategies for applying to other colleges
- academic strategies to strengthen grades
- targeted supports for students in the University Transition Program
- targeted supports for Indigenous students
- targeted supports for international students
- and much more! Bring your questions and we’ll find the answers!
The UGSO is located in the Arts Building in room 265. Academic advisors also work in the Trish Monture Centre for Student Success (TMC) in Arts 248 and the Arts and Science Student Hub in Arts 119.
Academic advisors in the TMC offer targeted support for Indigenous students, including students registered in the Indigenous Student Achievement Pathways (ISAP).
Academic advisors in the Arts and Science Student Hub offer targeted support for international students and students planning to study abroad.
Arts and Science students in the Prince Albert campus can also book an in-person appointment with our advisor on the Prince Albert campus by calling our office at 306-966-4231 (toll-free: 1 844 966-4231) and indicating that you are a Prince Albert campus student.