Andrea Wasylow has worked at the University of Saskatchewan since 2000: as a Continuing Sessional Faculty member with the Department of English at St. Thomas More College, and then in administration with Research Services, and Recruitment and Admissions. A proud alumna (BA’96), she is a donor to the College of Arts & Science, the University of Saskatchewan, and other local charitable organizations. Her research interests include Canadian literature, 20th century literature, poetry; writing by women; and feminist critical theory. She has published book reviews in Canadian Literature; Malahat Review; Prairie Fire. Andrea enjoys doing weekly community volunteer work.
- M.A., University of Victoria
- B.A. Double Honours, University of Saskatchewan
- Society for College and University Planning
- Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education
- Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada
- Saskatchewan Professional Marketing Association
- Academic and Student Life Technology Committee (USask)
- Arts and Science Directors Committee, Member
- Arts and Science Book Club Selection Committee, Chair
- College Communicators Network
- College Office ASPA Merit Committee, Member
- College Planning Advisory Committee, Lead Strategic Planner
- Dean’s Executive Committee, Member
- Expanded Dean’s Executive Committee, Member
- Planning and Projects Network, Co-founder
- SMART-P Team: “Science Meets Art Plus Public”, Member
As the Director of Planning and Communications, Andrea is a member of the dean’s executive team, providing leadership and expertise in order to advance the college’s strategic directions and success. She provides high-level advice and counsel to the dean and members of the college’s leadership team on all issues related to the college’s long-range strategic planning, particularly the university’s institutional plan and the college’s integrated plan. Key responsibilities include: ensuring planning and strategies to support partnerships and collaborations both internally and externally; leading the implementation of all fundamental components of the college’s ongoing integrated plan; establishing and maintaining required collaborative relations to achieve a shared planning vision and desired outcomes.
As leader of the Communications and Events Office, Andrea provides leadership, direction, and expertise in the planning, coordination and management of comprehensive communications and marketing strategies in the College of Arts and Science to enhance the college profile within the global academic and research communities and among stakeholders. She provides specialized and best-practice communications strategies and tools, expertise and guidance to senior administrators, and faculty and staff, and oversees reputation management for the college in the media.
Andrea leads and manages large multi-faceted strategic projects and teams, and participates in policy and procedure development for college strategic planning. She leads and/or facilitates cross-institutional and interdisciplinary project teams in support of the college’s key priorities and objectives. Andrea authors foundational and planning documents, reports, position papers, and other planning, operational and strategic documentation, and ensures effective and appropriate consultation and collaboration regarding these documents with stakeholders. Most parts of this complex college touch upon or directly interface with the Director of Planning and Communications.