You have questions and we have answers

Choose from the links below to read more.

Questions? We have answers

Choose from the links below to read about topics of interest to new and current students. If you don’t see your question or answer here, contact the Trish Monture Centre for Student Success to chat with an advisor.

  • How do I self-declare my Indigenous Ancestry?
  • If I self-declare, does that mean that I am automatically in the Indigenous Student Achievement Pathways?

  • No—ISAP is an ‘opt-in’ program with limited seats in ISAP courses and learning community cohorts. To learn more about it, and whether ISAP courses are a good fit with your learning journey, explore the ISAP website
  • If I’m not in an ISAP course or learning community, can I access the supports of the Indigenous Advisors at the Trish Monture Centre?

  • Yes—Absolutely! The College of Arts and Science is committed to the success of all students, and recognizes that First Nations, Inuit and Métis students benefit from the expertise of Academic Advisors who are familiar with factors affecting their education, educational funding, cultural perspectives and home communities. Our Indigenous Advisors approach each student as an individual, regardless of the program and courses that they are registered in.
  • How can I meet other Indigenous students and receive additional social and academic supports?

  • The College of Arts and Science, and University of Saskatchewan as a whole, has a vibrant Indigenous student community—meet other students, and find advocacy and support, by connecting with:
  • Are you a student parent? Here are some links to information on housing and daycare You may also be interested in connecting with other Parents on Campus
  • Are you receiving Post-Secondary Band Funding?
  • Note: Even if you are Band funded, the university still holds you, the student, financially responsible for paying your tuition. This means that if your tuition and/or fees are paid late, you will have a “HOLD” placed on your account. When this happens, you will not be able to add classes, see your final grades, or order transcripts until the fees are paid in full.

  • Where can I get my Final Grades and Official Transcripts?

  • Note: there is a charge for Official Transcripts. To confirm to your Funding Agency that you are registered, please see: “How do I get a Confirmation of Enrolment to send to my funder”.

  • Can an Academic Advisor release information to my Post-Secondary Coordinator?

  • Information can only be released to your Post-Secondary Coordinator if you have provided the Academic Advisor with a current, signed copy of the Authorization to Release Information form. You can obtain the form by clicking here. A copy will be kept on your student file within our Undergraduate Student Advising and TMC Offices.
  • How do I opt out of the USSU Health and Dental Plan?

    • Go to
    • Select "Opt Outs" on the right hand side of the screen under the heading “COVERAGE”
    • Select "Opt Out Now" on the left hand side of the screen
    • Here you will provide a copy of your Treaty Card or proof of other Health and Dental Plan coverage.
  • What is the Common Experience Payments (CEP) Benefit and how can I take advantage of it?

  • Former Residential School students who received Common Experience Payments are eligible for a one time Personal Credit of up to $3,000 that can be used towards tuition, fees, books and computers at Educational Entities such as the University of Saskatchewan. These Personal Credits can also be signed over to a relative who is in an educational program. If you are unsure about this benefit or you think you are eligible and have questions about the Redemption Forms you can contact Student Central (306-966-1212,, or in person in the Administration Building) or Student Accounts and Treasury (at 306-966-4597 or in person at E40 Administration Building).
  • Other questions specific to your experience as a First Nations, Inuit or Métis student? Please contact
  • Learning is a ‘whole’ experience. While you’ll be building your intellectual knowledge base as a student, be sure to support yourself by attending to your physical, mental and spiritual health during your studies. Connect when you need to with:
  • Did you know, all U of S students have membership at the College of Kinesiology Physical Activity Complex (the PAC) Fit Centre? Try classes for free the first week of each academic term, visit the pools, rink, running track, climbing wall and gym, and watch for Health and Fitness Seminars throughout the term