What is Clinical Psychology?
Clinical psychology is a broad field of practice and research within the discipline of psychology, which applies psychological principles to the assessment, prevention, amelioration, and rehabilitation of psychological disorders, disability, dysfunctional behaviour, and health-risk behaviour, and to the enhancement of psychological and physical well-being. Clinical psychology includes both scientific research, focusing on the search for general principles, and clinical service, focusing on the study and care of patients, and information gathered from each of these activities influences practice and research. For more information see Definition of Clinical Psychology.
The Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology at the University of Saskatchewan was established in 1971 and has graduated 125 PhD clinical psychologists. The program follows the scientist-practioner model and has strengths in forensic psychology, personality psychology, clinical neuropsychology, health psychology, and interpersonal, psychodynamic, and cognitive-behavioural psychotherapy. There are currently about 40 students in the program progressing towards their PhD. (including those on internship). The clinical psychology program admits about 5-6 students per year from a pool of about 100 applicants.
Students in the clinical psychology program complete four years of course work. During their first summer students complete a summer clerkship. For the remaining three years students complete six terms of one day a week practicum at various health and mental health settings. In addition to course work, a clerkship, and practicum students are also engaged in research and complete comprehensive examinations. Finally, students complete a twelve month internship at an accredited internship program to complete their training. There are currently 6 core clinical faculty in the department of psychology and about 30 part-time, adjunct, and professional affiliate faculty. The Department of Psychology also has a very close working relation with the psychology faculty at St. Thomas More College. See here for information on the clinical psychology program’s accreditation and related public disclosures.
About Clinical Psychology
Philosophy and Model of TrainingThe program follows the scientist-practitioner model which has been the predominant model of training in North American clinical psychology since the late 1940s. This model places approximately equal emphasis on development of research skills and clinical skills. In this model, trainees are required to carry out independent research for their doctoral dissertation; to meet requirements for breadth of scholarly knowledge; and to complete about 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience before graduation (including a full-year, accredited internship).
Programs of Study
CurriculumThe Clinical Psychology Program offers students the opportunity for professional development and the integration of science with practice through course work, practica, research, and the predoctoral internship. Students also participate in activities such as departmental colloquia, clinical program workshops, case seminars, and complete comprehensive examinations in the area of clinical assessment and treatment, and ethics.
The curriculum balances broad training in research methods and core content areas with opportunities for concentration in areas such as personality, psychopathology, clinical neuropsychology, health psychology, child psychology, and qualitative methods. In each of these areas we encourage students to think critically about current research and practice and to contribute to scientific dialogue through publications, conference presentations, and other formats of professional exchange. Most of students' research training, and much of their clinical training, is grounded in mentorship experiences tailored to each student's career goals and stage of professional development. Although we are a generalist program there is opportunity to focus your clinical and research area based on clinical and research supervisor specialization. More information relating to the program and curriculum can be found in the policy page (especially under the heading tranafer and progress).
Admissions and Applications
Our program is committed to equity and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified studies, including women, people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, and people with disabilities.Admission requirements: DEADLINE FOR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 1, 2023
- B.A.(Hon.) or B.Sc.(Hon.) in Psychology or equivalent combination of courses and experience in research (transcript from University)
- Statement of research and clinical interests and plans (1 to 3 pages)
- Telephone or in-person interview for shortlisted candidates
- Application fee of $120
The main admission route is for students entering Year 1 following completion of the B.A.(Honours) or equivalent.
Entry following completion of a master's degree outside the program is generally restricted to applicants for mid-career training from within the province, i.e., those who are presently working in master's-level positions in Saskatchewan and wish to upgrade their training to the doctoral level.
Indigenous applicants who self-identify will automatically be granted an interview.
Qualified Canadian applicants are given preference over non-Canadian applicants.
Admitted applicants generally have a mean average mark (over the previous 2 years of study) of 83-88%, have completed an honours degree, and are Canadian citizens. Few students with averages under 82% have been admitted, but there is no specific cutoff.
In the next year or two, provincial legislation may be introduced that will require our program to make admission conditional on passing a police check which would be required for any clinical practicum placement. This is not yet required.
Faculty and Research Interests
We have eight faculty members working in the area of Clinical Psychology (6 affiliated with UofS and 2 affiliated with St. Thomas More College) that cover a wide range of topics. Our faculty actively collaborate with other faculty in the Department and with faculty from St. Thomas Moore College. In addition, we have several adjunct professors and professional affiliates who provide clinical or research training and supervision to our students. The program offers Ph.D. degrees in clinical psychology and currently has about 40 students completing their course work or on internship. Thank you for your interest in our programs and welcome to the Clinical Psychology Program.
Clinical Psychology Program
co-Directors of Clinical Psychology Training
- Jorden Cummings
- Gerry Farthing
- Michelle Gagnon
- Paulette Hunter
- Lachlan McWilliams
- Mark Olver
- Megan O’Connell
- Adam Stacey
- Charlene Belu (joining us in July 2024, is interested in supervising a clinical student in 2024-2025 C.Belu@dal.ca)
- Dr. Richard Katz, First Nations University of Canada
- Dr. Terry Nicholaichuk, Private Practice
- Dr. Keira Stockdale, Saskatoon Police Service
- Dr. Steve Wong, no affiliation
- Dr. Lynn Corbett, Private Practice
- Dr. Trevor Olson, Oracle Mental Health Care
- Dr. Bryan Acton, Clinical Health Psychology, Royal University Hospital, SHA
- Dr. Ruthanne Bell, Child Service Team, SHA
- Dr. Stryker Calves, Nutrien
- Dr. Richard Coupland, Homewood Health
- Dr. Sarah Hillis, Clinical Health Psychology, Royal University Hospital, SHA
- Dr. Neil Hogan, Integrated Risk and Threat Assessment Centre, Alberta Ministry of Justice and Solicitor General
- Mr. Ross Keele, Ministry of Justice, Corrections and Policing
- Dr. Julie Kosteniuk, Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture, Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Marc Sheckter, FIT for Active Living Program, SHA
- Dr. Lara Spagrud, Alvin Buckwold Child Development Program, SHA
- Dr. Fern Stockdale, Operational Stress Injury Clinic, SHA
- Dr. Myrna Willick, School-Based Pediatric Clinic & Meitheal Interprofessional Team
- Dr. Marilee Zaharia, Rural Consultation Service, SHA
For information on internship placements from 1997 to the present for clinical psychology graduate students please see the Internship web page.
(by year of admission)
- Denae Easton
- Courtney Cameron
- Dorothy Chacinski
- Desiree Elchuk
- Arianna Gibson
- Keesha Kavia
- Brittany Marche-Shears
- Madison Fairholm
- Sasheen Horse
- Jyllenna Landry
- Cayley Mackie
- Kelsey Mooney
- Sophia Wang
- Nicole Anderson
- Alisia Palermo
- Jessica Prince
- Emily Riemer
- Denis Vailancourt
- Kendall Deleurme
- Lindsey Trepanier
- Amanda Sinclair
- Meghan Flath
- Jordan Termeer
- Karl Grewal
- Ivy Myge
- Sydney Rine
- Kayla Wall
- Whitney Willcott-Benoit
- Dyana Castillo
- Randa Elgandy
- August Kortzman
- Krystyn Margeotes
- Jacob Ursenbach
- Kelsey Morrison
- Benjamin Gould
- Jessica Zagrodney
Graduated Students with Thesis Topic and Supervisor
- Augustyn, Carissa (CL PhD) An Examination of Psychopathy, Self-Reported Treatment Change, And recidivism in a Sample of Federally Incarcarated Men Who Have Sexually Offended (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2022
- Callan, Nicole (CL PhD) Dangerous Offenders: An Anaylysis of Judical Sentencing Decisions (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver; Dr. Steve Wormith) Spring 2022
- Straus, Cailey (CL PhD) Face to Face: A Reflexive Thematic Analysis of Victim-Offender Mediation (Supervisor: Dr. Jorden Cummings) Fall 2022
- Wielinga, Farron (CL PhD) Use of Dynamic Risk Instruments to Assess Sexual Violence in a Community-Supervised Sample OE Men With Sexual Violence Convictions (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2022
- Scerbe, Andrea (CL PhD) Digital Tools For Delivery of Dementia Education: Increasing Rural Accessibility for Dementia Care (Supervisor: Dr. Megan O'Connell) Fall 2022
- Quinlan, Darryl (CL PhD) Is Training In Martial Arts Beneficial To One's Health? The Devil Is In the Detail
- Campoli, Jessica (CL PhD) Becoming a Values-Driven Self-Care User (Supervisor: Dr. Jorden Cummings) Spring 2021
- Cheng, Jeremy (CL PhD) Evaluating Tribunal Decisions to Release or Detain Those Not Criminally Responsible on Account of Mental Disorder (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2021
- Coveney, Ashley (CL PhD) Evaluating a New Measure of Adult Attachment: The Tripartite Attachment Battery (Supervisor: Dr. Lachlan McWilliams) Fall 2021
- Makela, Kimberley (CL PhD) Exploring Women's Experience of Self and Body in Chronic Weight-Loss Dieting (Supervisor: Dr. Gerry Farthing) Spring 2021
- Toews, Kelsi (CL PhD) The Processes of Help-Seeking and Counsellor Development in the Context of Men Who Experience Initmate Partner Abuse (Supvisor: Dr. Jorden Cummings) Fall 2021
- Lovatt, Kristine (CL PhD) An Examination of Risk, Need, and Protective Factors Among Saskatchewan Young Offenders: Implications For Risk Management and Community Reintegration (Supervisors: Dr. Mark Olver; Dr. Keira Stockdale) Fall 2020
- McPhail, Ian (CL PhD) Conceptual and Empirical Issues in Pedohebephilic Interest (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2020
- Potter, Gillian (CL PhD) Examining the Influence of Mindfulness in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Supervisor: Dr. Paulette Hunter) Fall 2020
- Wirove, Robi (CL PhD) Being Found Not Criminally Responsible on Account of Mental Disorer in Alberta: Population Gender Differences, and Violence Prediction with the VRAG-R (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver; Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2020
- Pierce, Adam (CL PhD) The Social Sharing of Hallucination (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Spring 2020
- Heidt, Constance (CL PhD) Understanding Differences in Pain-Related Support: Comparing Attachment Theory and the Communal Coping Model of Pain Catastrophizing (Supervisor: Dr. Lachlan McWilliams) Spring 2019
- Saint, Daniel Sebastian (CL PhD) Examing the Effects of a Daily Writing Intervention Perceived Social Support and Depressive Symptons (Supervisor: Dr. Jorden Cummings) Spring 2019
- Branger, Camille (CL PhD) Understanding Positive Aspects of the Caregiver Experience in Dementia: A Meta-Integration and Qualitative Investigation (Supervisor: Dr. Megan O'Connell) Fall 2019
- Friedrich, Trista (CL PhD) A Multimethod Examination of Pseudoneglect and Aging (Supervisors: Dr. Lorin Elias; Dr. Paulette Hunter) Fall 2019
- Schafers, Chantal (CL PhD) Risk, Responsivity, and the Treatment Process in an Intimate Partner Violence Group Program (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2019
- Sigurdson, Kristjan (CL PhD) Explaining Depression: A Discourse Analysis of Family Physicians' and Neuroscientists' Accounts of Explanatory Models and the Chemical Imbalance Hypothesis of Depression (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2019
- Cornelius, Larisa (CL PhD) Influences of Empathy in Choldren: Contextual Creation of Media and Parental Messages (Supervisor: Dr. Gerald Farthing) Spring 2018
- Mossiere, Annik (CL PhD) Offender Memories of Their Crimes: Exploring the Factors Involved in the Experience of Intrusive Memories (Supervisor: Dr. Tammy Marche) Fall 2018
- Agar, Ava (CL PhD) Mandatory Motherhood and Compulsory Careers: An Application of Theory of Planned Behaviour to Young Women's Mothering and Career Intentions (Supervisor: Dr. Karen Lawson) Fall 2018
- Carruthers, Chassidy (CL PhD) Capturing Diversity of Experience within Emerging Adulthood: A Context Comparison of Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Non-University Emerging Adults (Supervisor: Dr. Patricia McDougall) Fall 2018
- Conan, Michelle (CL PhD) Nonverbal Communication in Relation to Women's Experiences of Self and Body: A Mixed Methods Examination (Supervisor: Dr. Gerald Farthing) Fall 2018
- Dadgostari, Tina (CL PhD) Constructing Meaning Through Photo-Production: Death and Loss in Post-Secondary Students (Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Fall 2018
- Andersen, Devon (CL PhD) Thoughts of Fire: The Use of Metaphors in Epilepsy Narratives (Supervisor: Dr. Ulrich Teucher) Fall 2017
- Burton, Rachel (CL PhD) Cognitive Rehabilitation and Telehealth Videoconferencing: Developing an Accessible an Intervention for Subjective Cognitive Impairment, Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia (Supervisor: Dr. Megan O'Connell) Fall 2017
- Corabian, Gabriela (CL PhD) Working Towards Desistance: Canadian Public's Attitudes Towards Sex Offenders, Sex Offender Treatment, and Policy (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2017
- Cordwell, Terri (CL PhD) Biopsychosocial Influences on Children's Event Recall Rerspective for Emotional Events (Supervisor: Dr. Tammy Marche) Fall 2017
- Scallion, Laura (CL PhD) Examining Relations Between Stress Generation and Infernential Style at Micro and Macro Levels (Supervisor: Dr. Jorden Cummings) Fall 2017
- Enright, Joseph (CL PhD) Identity and Caregiver Burden in Dementia: An Evaluation of Telehealth Reminiscience for Informal Caregivers (Supervisor: Dr. Megan O'Connell) Fall 2016
- Hogan, Neil (CL PhD) Assessing Risk for Inpatient Violence on High-Security Forensic Psychiatric Units (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2016
- Jones, Christina (CL PhD) Examining the Relationships between Forensic Practice Knowledge, Correctional Orientation and Engagement in Core Correctional Practices Among Corrections Officers (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2016
- Kurtenbach, Tyson (CL PhD) Current Issues Related to the Assessment of Secual Deviance in Special Sec Offender Populations (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2016
- Roberts, Lesley (CL PhD) An Investigation into the Role of Emotions, Physiological Sexual Arousal, and Ego-Defensiveness in Men's Homonegativity (Supervisor: Dr. Melanie Morrison) Fall 2016
- Truswell, Kayla (CL PhD) An Examination of the Dyadic Relationship of Offender Community Supervisor (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Spring 2016
- Valiakalayil, Agitha (CL PhD) Stress and Depression Discourses on Self-Help Websites: What is Their Relation in the Online Context? (Supervisors: Dr. Linda McMullen and Dr. Lisa Kalynchuk) Spring 2016
- Quinlan, Darryl (CL MA) Is Humor Good for your Health? Examining the Associations of Hostility and Humor Styles to Resting Blood Pressure. (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2016
- Coupland, Richard (CL PhD) An Examination of Dynamic Risk, Protective Factors, and Treatment-Related Change in Violent Offenders. (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2015
- Sewall, Lindsay (CL PhD) The Treatment of Psychopathic Sexual Offenders: Exploring the Influence of Risk, Change, Subtype, and adaptation on Recidivism (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Fall 2015
- Sommerlund, Merete (CL PhD). Discourse Analysis of Constructions of Couples Therapy. (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2015
- Burnett, Matthew (CL PhD) Psychopathy: Exploring Canadian Mass Newspapers Presentations Thereof and Violent Offender Talk Thereon (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2014
- Letourneau, Jeff (CL PhD) Patient and Physician Accounts of Antidepressant Requests in Primary Care (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Spring 2014
- Harker, Katelyn (CL PhD) Understanding Criminal Behaviour in Fetal Alcohol Disorders: Neurocognitive Deficits and Social Factors (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2014
- Sharp, Maegan (CL PhD) Non-suicidal self-injury: The associations among emotional, parental, and peer influences (Supervisor: Dr. Lisa Kalynchuk) Spring 2014
- Sowden, Justina (CL PhD) Examining the Relationship of Risk, Treatment readiness, and Therapeutic Change to Recidivism in a Sample of Treated Sex Offenders (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2014
- DeSorcy, Danielle (CL PhD) Working Alliance and its Relationship with Treatment Outcome, Aboriginal Ancestry, and Psychopathy in a Sample of Federal Sex Offenders (Supervisor: Drs. Mark Olver and Stephen Wormith) Spring 2013
- Haugrud, Nicole (CL PhD) Describing Cognitive Change in Normal Aging and Early-Stage Dementia Using Measures of Verbal Fluency (Supervisors: Dr. Margaret Crossley, Dr. Mirna Vrbancic) Fall 2013
- Rojas, Erika (CL PhD) Violence Risk Assessment with Youth who have Sexually Offended: A Psychometric Examination of the Violence Risk Scale: Youth Version (VRS: YSO) (Supervisor: Dr. Mark Olver) Spring 2013
- Robertson, Lindsay (CL PhD) The Experience of Parental Conflict in Parallel Parenting Custody Assessments. (Supervisor: Dr. Gerald Farthing) Spring 2013
- Alexander, Elizabeth (CL MA) Constructions of Motherhood and Fatherhood in Newspaper Articles on Maternal and Paternal Postpartum Depression (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2013
- Calverley, Kristin (CL PhD) Urban Aboriginal Peoples' Health Beliefs and Adherence to Treatment of Hypertension (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2012
- Poock, Jocelyn (CL PhD) The Effect of Simple and Complex Dual-Tasks on Ambulation in Individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and Healthy Okder Adults: The Role of Divided Attention and Other Higher Brain Functions in Gait Dual-Task Performance (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Fall 2012
- Stewart, Catherine (CL PhD) Risk Assessment of Federal Female Offenders (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Spring 2012
- Zaluski, Selina (CL PhD) Emerging Adulthood: A Mixed Method Comparative Analysis Across Vocational Settings (Supervisor: Dr. Gerald Farthing) Spring 2012
- Barlow, Ashley (CL PhD) News Media Construction of Intimate Partner Homicide (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2011
- Boehm, Rebecca (CL PhD) Attitudes Toward Professional Women with Children: The Development and Validation of the Career Mothers Inventory (CMI) (Supervisor: Dr. Melanie Morrison) Fall 2011
- Gokavi, Tara (CL PhD) The Transition to Post-Secondary for Canadian Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Student: A Focus on Adjustment, Fit and Anticipated Persistence (Supervisor: Dr. Patricia McDougall) Spring 2011
- Lanting, Shawnda (CL PhD) Developing an Assessment Protocol to Detect Cognitive Impairment and Dementia in Cree Aboriginal Seniors and to Investigate Cultural Differences in Cognitive Aging (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Spring 2011
- Pan, Kate (CL PhD) The Lying Game: How Often and to Whom do Individuals with Psychopathic Tendencies Lie? (Supervisor: Dr. Steven Wormith) Fall 2011
- Trainor, William (Joe) (CL PhD) Development and Inhibition of Physical Aggression in Early Childhood: Measurement and Associations (Supervisor: Dr. Patricia McDougall) Fall 2011
- Lejbak, Kisa Kristin (CL PhD) Sex, estrogen, and working memory: The effects of sex-related differences and estrogen suppression on neuropsychological test performances (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Spring 2010.
- Sheppard, Michael David (CL PhD) On within-defense variability and defenses in male federal offenders (Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Wormith) Spring 2010.
- Tolstikova, Ekaterina Sergeevna (CL PhD) Emotional functioning and meaning making in grief(Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Spring 2010.
- Turner, Tara (CL PhD) The red road meets the information superhighway : using telehealth technology for psychological services in a northern Aboriginal community Fall 2010
- Waskowic, Tracey (CL PhD) Attachment and grief : developing the Ongoing Relationship Scale and the Grief Attachment Model Fall 2010
- Corney, Patrick James (CL PhD) Attention in normal aging and alzheimer disease: Theoretical and clinical implications (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Spring 2009.
- Holmqvist, Maxine Elisabeth (CL PhD) The influence of state and trait energy on self-regulatory behaviour (Supervisor: Dr. Peter Hall) Spring 2009.
- Presniak, Michelle Dawn (CL PhD) Can defense mechanisms aid in our differentiation of borderline and antisocial personality disorders? (Supervisor: Dr. Michael Wm. Macgregor) Fall 2009.
- Visram, Faizah (CL PhD) Development of conceptual and process models of growing pains: A mixed-method research design (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Fall 2009.
- Daniels, Therese Anne (CL PhD) Boundary Violations in Forensic Inpatient Facilities: Survey Tool Development and Survey Results (Supervisor: Dr. Steven Wong) Fall 2008.
- Hatton, Leah Jean (CL PhD) Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Infancy and Early Childhood(Supervisors: Drs. Patricia McDougall and Margaret McKim) Fall 2008.
- Lahti, Dawn Kristen (CL PhD) The Face in the Croud and Anxiety and Cognition (Supervisor: Dr. Deb Saucier) Spring 2008.
- Langford, Melanie Marie (CL PhD) The Efficacy of a Combined Cognitive-Behavioural and Interpersonal Therapy Approach to the Treatment of Fibromyalgia Syndrome: a Randomized Controlled Trial (Supervisor: Dr. Michael MacGregor) Fall 2008.
- Mazur, Jennifer Leah (CL PhD) Exploring the Mechanisms of Sex and Grad Differences in Relational/Indirect/SocialAggression (Supervisors: Drs Patricia McDougall and Gerald Farthing) Fall 2008.
- Nicoll, Mark John (CL PhD) Structured Leisure and Adolescent Adjustment (Supervisors: Drs. Patricia McDougall and Gerald Farthing) Spring 2008.
- Olson, Trevor Randell (CL PhD) Can Defense Mechanisms Aid in the Differentiation of Depression and Anxiety (Supervisor: Dr. Michael Wm. MacGregor) Fall 2008.
- Rhyno, Shelley Renee (CL PhD) In the Mood to Forget: Paradagmatic and Individual Differences in Remembering and Forgetting Negative Self-Relevant Memories (Supervisor: Dr. Tammy Marche) Fall 2008.
- Schactman, Alissa Jennifer (CL PhD) Emotion Regulation and Behaviour Problems in Young Children Exposed to Domestic Violence (Supervisor: Dr. Patricia McDougall) Fall 2008
- Spagrud, Lara Jennifer (CL PhD) Investigating the relationship between Children's Self-Reported Coping Behaviour and Repeated Immunization Pain (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Fall 2008.
- Stockdale, Keira Corinne (CL PhD) The Validity and Reliability of the Violence Risk Scale-Youth Version (VRS-YV) (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wong) Fall 2008.
- Veprinska, Marina (CL MA) Family Structural and Process Variables in Emerging Adults' Romantic Relationship Quality (Supervisor: Dr. Gerald Farthing) Fall 2008.
- Gilleta, Karen Susanne (CL PhD) Sex, Handedness, and Spatial Ability Affect Laterality for Mental Rotation (Supervisors:P Drs. Deb Saucier and Lorin Elias) Spring 2007.
- Hook, Tarah Lynn (CL PhD) The Role of Self-Concept and Narcissism in Aggression (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wormith) Fall 2007.
- Mallillin, Abigail (CL PhD) The Criminal Career Profile: A Measure of Criminal Careers (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wong) Spring 2007.
- Moorthy, Thamarai (CL PhD) Predicting Alzheimer Disease Using Premorbid Neuropsychological Performance (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Spring 2007.
- Peterson, Cherie (CL PhD) Body image in men: Drive for muscularity and social influences, body image evaluation and investment, and psychologyical well-being (Supervisor: Dr. Michael Wm. MacGregor) Spring 2007.
- Sherry, Simon (CL PhD) The Perfectionism Model of Binge Eating: Idiographic and Nomothetic Tests of an Integrative Model (Supervisor: Dr. Peter Hall) Fall 2007
- Costigan, Shannon Marie (Cl PhD) Post relationship stalking & harassment: the "Reasonable Person" standard of fear (Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Wormith) Spring 2006
- Litke, Karen (CL PhD) Care Receiving: The Relationship Between Attachment and Reactions to Being Helped, Relationship Functioning, and Perceived Quality of Life in a Sample of Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Spring 2006
- Willick, Myrna (Cl PhD) "The Grief Never Goes Away": A Study of Meaning Reconstruction and Long-Term Grief in Parents' Narratives of Perinatal Loss (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Spring 2006.
- Bonli, Rupal (Cl, PhD) An Investigation Into the Early Development of Executive Functions and Theory of Mind in Autism and in Typical Development (Supervisor: Dr. Deb Hay) Spring 2005
- Goodall, Kathleen (Cl, PhD) Asymmetry in Spatial Judgements: Testing Bin Theory and Spatial Frequency Theory in a Double Double Dissociation Design (Supervisor: Dr. Lorin Elias) Fall 2005.
- Patterson, Lorraine (Cl, PhD) Negotiating Spaces, Re-membering Selves: Black Women Speak About Their Lived Experience of Academia (Supervisor: John Conway) S0ring 2005.
- Torrens, Donna (Cl, PhD) Investigating Schema-Related Memory Distortions: Do Dysphoric College Students Display Negatively Biased False Memories? (Supervisor: Dr. Tammy Marche and Dr. Valerie Thompson) Fall 2005.
- Young, Liesle (Cl, PhD) Parental Influences on Individual Differences in Emotional Understanding(Supervisor: Dr. Margaret McKim) Fall 2005. (2 copies in Dept.)
- Andrew, Gail (Cl, PhD.) A Grounded Theory of Child Abuse (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret McKim) Fall 2004.
- Lake, Rossana Paola (Cl, PhD.) Recovery From Childhood Abuse: A Cultural Context (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Spring 2004.
- Lewis, Kathleen(Cl, PhD.) The Relationship Between the Urica and Correctional Treatment in a Sample of Violent Male Offenders (Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Wong) Spring 2004.
- Maroes, Marnee (Cl, PhD.) The Environment of Sleep in Families with Infants and Toddlers(Supervisor: Dr. Margaret McKim) Fall 2004.
- Rocha, Elizabete Margarido (Cl, PhD.) Children's Memories of Dental Procedures: Effects of Question Type, Individual Differences and Temporal Delay (Supervisor: Dr. Tammy Marche) Spring 2004.
- Tourigny, Joel Andrew (Cl, PhD.) High Risk Environments and Infant Health: Predicting Psychological and Physical Health Outcomes With Maternal, Child, and Parenting Variables (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret McKim). Fall 2004.
- Burt, Grant N. (Cl, Ph.D) Investigating Characteristics of the Non-Recidivating Psychopathic Offender. (Supervisor: Dr. Wong) Fall 2003.
- Hicks, Carrie (Cl, Ph.D) Online Psychological Treatment for Pediatric Recurrent Pain: A Randomized Evaluation (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Fall 2003.
- Lizak, V. Maria (Cl, Ph.D.) Sense of Community Among Ukrainian Catholic Young Adults: A Qualitative View. (Supervisor: Dr. Gerry Farthing) Fall, 2003
- Mercado, Annalyn ( Cl., Ph.D.) Coping behaviour & outcome in two pain populations: A general adult population with neck or low back pain & individuals suffering from pain due to motor-vehicle injuries (Supervisor: Dr. Linda Carroll) Spring 2003.
- Olver, Mark E. (Cl, Ph.D.) The Development and Validation of the Violence Risk Scale: Sexual Offender Version (VRS:SO) and its Relationship to Psychopathy and Treatment Attrition (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wong) Fall, 2003.
- Shaw, Michelle F. (Cl, Ph.D) Memory Facilitation in Healthy Older Adults and Alzheimer Disease Patients (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Fall 2003.
- Shaw, Stephen C. (Cl, Ph.D) The Client's Helical Path: A Grounded Theory of Unsuccessful Therapy Experiences (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2003.
- Turner, Tara J. (Cl, M.A.) The Red Road Meets the Information Superhighway: using Telehealth Technology for Psychological Services in a Northern Aboriginal Community (Supervisor: Dr. John Conway) Fall, 2003.
- Berg-Kolody, Lisa Dawn (Cl., Ph.D.) Severity of illness-geriatric (SOI.G.): Instrument Development. (Supervisor: Dr. Dave Scott) Spring 2002.
- Elliott, Jasen (Cl., Ph.D.) The organization of anger in client-therapist discourse(Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Spring 2002.
- Hadden, Kellie (Cl, Ph.D.) Measuring pain in children with cerebral palsy: A multidimensional assessment (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Spring 2002.
- McCallum, Michelle (Cl., Ph.D.) Foster care and identity: A life story approach. (Supervisor: Dr. John Conway) Spring 2002.
- Alexander, Diana (Cl., Ph.D.) An investigation of the validity and reliability of the severity of renal disease scale (SORDA) (Supervisor: Dr. Dave Scott) Spring 2001.
- Daniels, Therese Anne (Cl., M.A.) Working memory capacity and reasoning performance across tasks (Supervisor: Dr. Valerie Thompson) Spring 2001.
- Gardner, Sandy D.R. (Cl., Ph.D.) The power of the DRM false memory paradign: Forwards and backwards (Supervisor: Dr. Mirna Vrbancic) Fall 2001.
- Jellis, Jerry (Cl., Ph.D.) Attachment style, working models of sexuality, and their relation to safer sex behaviour in young adults (Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Spring 2001
- Loutzenhiser, Lynn (Cl., Ph.D.) Risk, family functioning and child competence in head start families(Supervisors: Dr. Carl von Baeyer & Dr. Margaret McKim) Fall 2001
- Mason, Randolph (Cl., M.A.) The healing of aboriginal offenders: A comparison between cognitive-behavioural treatment and the traditional aboriginal sweat lodge ceremony (Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Wong) Spring 2001
- Moorthy, Thamarai (Cl., M.A.) The effects of mental imagery and gender on false recall and false recognition (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley), Spring 2001
- Nieuwenhuis, James Alfred (Cl., Ph.D.) Formations, ruptures, rebounds, and repairs: An intensive investigation of changes in the therapeutic relationship
- (Supervisor: Dr. Sandra Pavio) Spring 2001
- Phillips, Dawn Faye (Cl., Ph.D.) How humour in television commercials reflects and determines contemporary societal issues (Supervisor: Dr. Linda McMullen) Fall 2001
- Sheckter, Marc E. (Cl., Ph.D.) Risk and protective factors for adolescent substance use. (Supervisor: Dr. Dave Scott), Fall 2001
- Tourigny, Joel A. (Cl., M.A.) Socialization in infancy: A search for the paths to adaptive functioning(Supervisor: Dr. Margaret McKim), Spring 2001.
- Block, Gerald W. (Cl., Ph.D.) Diagnostic subgroups and neuropsychological attention deficits in fetal alcohol syndrome (Supervisor: Dr. Jo Nanson) Fall 2000.
- Burt, Grant (Cl., M.A.) Predicting violent recidivism of treated violent offenders using the psychopathy checklist-revised and the violence risk. (Supervisor: Dr. Stephen Wong) Spring 2000.
- Carverhill, Phillip (Cl., Ph.D.) Bereaved parents of adult children: A discursive study of relationships(Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Fall 2000
- Olver, Mark (Cl., M.A. Project) Assessing risk for sexual offense recidivism: The development of the violence risk scale: sexual offender version (VRS:SO)
- Shimp, Lana (Cl., Ph.D.) A model of sexual assault acknowledgment: Blame, social support, posttraumatic stress, and posttraumatic growth. (Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Spring 2000.
- Zolner, Theresa M. (Cl., Ph.D.) The impact of culture on psychological assessment. (Supervisor: Dr. Gerry Farthing) Spring 2000.
- Baskerville, Shannon (Cl., Ph.D.) Self-discrepancies, depression proneness and current mood: A test of Higgins' self-discrepancy theory. (Supervisor: Dr. Bob Zemore) Spring 1999.
- Brock, Susan (Cl., Ph.D.) An investigation of the long-term neuropsychological outcome of prenatal teratogenic exposure: fetal alcohol syndrome and maternal PKU syndrome. (Supervisor: Dr. Jo Nanson) Spring, 1999
- Hill, James (Cl, Ph.D.) Development of a psychopathy self-report measure. (Supervisor: Dr. Steve Wong) Spring, 1999.
- Levitt, Terry J. (Cl, Ph.D.) The role of processing speed and attentional capacity in age-related episodic and working memory change. (Supervisor: Dr. Margaret Crossley) Fall, 1999).
- Rice, Kevin M. (Cl., M.A.) Change in perceptions of relationships with abusive and neglectful others following adult therapy for child abuse issues. ( Supervisor: Dr. Sandra Paivio) Fall 1999
- Robinson, Lara (Cl., Ph.D.) Attributions and representations of joint pain symptoms in seniors: implications for self-reported health care behaviours. (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Spring 1999.
- Torrens, Donna (Cl., M.A.) Belief bias: memory processes and alternatives. (Supervisor: Dr. Valerie Thompson) Fall 1999.
- Webb, Louise (Cl., Ph.D.) Congruence between coaching interventions and children's coping style: Effects on coping. (Supervisor: Dr. Carl von Baeyer) Spring 1999.
- Elliott, Jasen J.C. (Cl., M.A.) Key metaphors as psychological markers of change in psychotherapy. (Supervisor: Dr. L McMullen) Spring 1998
- Fick, Carol Marie (Cl., Ph.D.) The psychology of religious experience a qualitative approach. (Supervisor: Dr. Brian Chartier) Spring, 1998.
- Greenspoon, Peter (Cl., Ph.D.) Toward an integration of subjective well-being and psychopathology. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Saklofske) Fall, 1998.
- McCallum, Michelle S. (Cl., M.A.) Recurrent otitis media and attachment security: a path model. (Supervisor: Dr. M. McKim) Spring 1998
- Mercado, Annalyn C. (Cl., M.A.) Factors associated with coping with chronic pain in a general pain population. (Supervisor, Dr. Linda Carroll) Spring 1998.
- Miller, Colleen M. (Cl., Ph.D.) Personal constructions of gender and the impact of childhood sexual abuse on adult male survivors. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring, 1998.
- Nemeth, Rhonda Lynn (Cl., Ph.D.) Developmental analysis of young gymnasts' understanding of sport-related pain. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring, 1998.
- Patterson, Lorraine A. (Cl., M.A.) The impact of childhood maltreatment on the therapeutic alliance in emotion focused therapy for adult survivors of childhood abuse. (Supervisor: Dr. S. Paivio) Spring 1998
- Safnuk, Tania N. (Cl., M.A.) Exploring the Cognitive Appraisal Process With Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring, 1998.
- Vandergoot, Mary E. (Cl., Ph.D.) Adolescent siblings' evaluations of the self and their relationship. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Fall, 1998.
- Waddington - see Lamont-Waddington
- Andrew, Gail (Cl.,. M.A.) Anger Narratives in Psychotherapy: The Search for Cultural Scripts.(Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1997
- Carr, Tracey (MA) Cardiac Surgery Patients' Coping Reactions and Perceived Health Status. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1997.
- Cornish, Peter A. (Cl., Ph.D.) Understanding profeminist male experiences: A model of personal change. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1997
- Hadden, Kellie L. (Cl., M.A.) Popularity and intimacy in adolescent friendships: The implications for self-esteem. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1997
- Harpur, Lisa L. (Cl., Ph.D.) The effects of personal and social resources, and relationship-focused coping on distress among couples confronted with gynecological cancer. (Supervisor: Dr. L. Shepel) Spring 1997
- Hillis, Sarah K. (Cl., Ph.D.) Neuropsychological Concomitants of Major Depression. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Crossley) Spring 1997
- Kozak, Maria (Cl., M.A.) Divided attention costs of category and letter fluency in normal aging. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Crossley) Fall 1997
- Lake, Rossana Paola (Cl., M.A.) The process and oucome of experiential therapy using empty-chair dialogue: A comparison of clients focusing on childhood abuse issues and clients focusing on other issues (Supervisor: Dr. S. Paivio) Spring 1997
- Shaw, Michelle F. (Cl., M.A.) Practice effects in divided attention performance of young, middle-aged, and older adults. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Crossley) Fall 1997
- Sheckter, Marc E. (Cl., M.A.) Typologies of inpatient alcoholics. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Scott). Spring 1997
- Stephenson, Robert (Cl., M.A.) Interpersonal dependency, life stress, social support, self-esteem, and depressive severity: A lisrel analysis. (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Fall 1997
- Stockdale-Winder, Fern N. (Cl., Ph.D.) Meaning in life: An exploration of the relevance of psychological theories to older women. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1997
- Eisler, Laurie C. (M.A.) The effect of scoring configuration and team cohesion on the perception of psychological momentum and performance inferences. (Supervisor: Dr. Kevin Spink) Fall 1996
- Greenspoon, Peter (Cl., . M.A.) Validation of the multidimensional students' life satisfaction scale. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Saklofske) Spring 1996
- Jurgens, Douglas W. (Cl., Ph.D.) Nurses' intentions to administer morphine for post-operative pain: an application of Ajzen's theory of planned behaviour. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer). Fall 1996
- Levitt, Terry J. (Cl., M.A.) No differential divided attention costs of category fluency in normal aging. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Crossley) Spring 1996
- Louisy, Helen Jane (Cl., Ph.D.) Core beliefs assessment procedure: the development of a cognitive-behavioural case formulation method. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Mills) Spring 1996
- Berg, Lisa D. (Cl., M.A.) Establishing a Tentative Typology of Families with Sexually Abused and Nonabused Adolescents. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring 1995
- Carverhill, Philip (Cl., M.A.) The Lived Experience of Men Following Death of a Spouse. (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Spring 1995
- Corbett, Lynn (Cl., Ph.D.) Working representations of Self, Others and Relationships in Women Who Have Been Sexually Abused as Children: a Qualitative Approach. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Fall 1995
- Gardner, Sandy (Cl., M.A.) Verbal Learning Patterns After Head Injury. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Vrbancic) Fall 1995
- Maan, Cathy (Cl., Ph.D.) Stress, Coping, and adaptation in Families With Young Autistic Children. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring 1995
- Reid, Dorothy (Cl., M.A.) Facial Affect Recognition in Offenders and Nonoffenders. (Supervisor: Dr. S. Wong) Spring 1995
- Savoie, Dallas (Cl., Ph.D.) A Phenomenological Investigation of the Role of Guilt in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1995
- Shimp, Lana N. (Cl., M.A.) University Men and Women's Perceptions of Sexual Coercion. (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Fall 1995
- Skrip, Theresa (Cl., M.A.) Friendship Relations and Social Competence of Adolescent Sexual Offenders, Nonsexual Offenders, And Nonoffenders. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Spring 1995
- Block, Gerald W. (Cl., M.A.) Attention, Memory and Language After Pediatric Ischemic Stroke. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Nanson) Spring 1994
- Freeman, Debora (Cl.,. M.A.) Percepetions of Dominance in Pedophilia. (Supervisor: Dr. A. Gordon) Spring 1994
- Hurst, Susan A. (Cl., Ph.D.) Depression and The Demoralization Process: A Grounded Theory from The Perspective of Women Who Have Been Depressed. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1994
- Krahn, Ellen E. (Cl., Ph.D.) Intimacy Between Friends: Age and Gender Similarities and Differences. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1994
- Nieuwenhuis, James A. (Cl., M.A.) Clients' Accounts of Their Therapy Relationship: A Qualitative Study of Relational Attributes. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1994
- Ross, Michael A. (Cl., Ph.D.) Pain Promotion: Negative Effects of Exposure to Health Charity Appeals. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1994
- Webb, Louise A. (Cl., M.A.) Confirming a Measure of Cancer Patients' Coping: The Coping with Health, Injuries & Problems Scale. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1994
- Witzel, Patricia A. (Cl., Ph.D.) Psychological Characteristics Associated with Risk for Suicidal Ideation among Elderly Women. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Spring 1994
- Alton, Wendy (Cl., Ph.D.) Self-Punishment and Judgments of Causality, Responsibility, and Culpability: A Legal Model of Depression. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore) Fall 1993
- Bishop, Carole (Cl., Ph.D.) The Communication of Pain in Marital Dyads: A Social Relations Analysis of Pain Expression. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Fall 1993
- Mann, Jacqueline (Cl., M.A.) Reasoning With "Only If": The Role of Pragmatics. (Supervisor: Dr. V. Thompson) Spring 1993
- Wilkie, Colleen (Cl., Ph.D.) Interpersonal Complementarity in Female Friendship. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1993
- Baskerville, Shannon (Cl., M.A.) The Stresses, Coping Methods, and Resources of Academic Women: A Qualitative Approach. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1992
- Brock, Susan (Cl., M.A.) Relationships Between Mothers' Discussions of Emotion and Children's Ability To Label Emotions. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Fall 1992
- Day, Rodney (Cl., M.A.) Lateral Processing of Emotional Stimuli In The Psychopath (Supervisor: Dr. S. Wong) Spring 1992
- Grimmer, Barbara Lee (Cl., Ph.D.) Intergenerational Patterns of Rape-Supportive Attitudes: Adolescent and Young Adult Populations (Supervisor: Dr. A. Gordon) Fall 1992
- Levine, Janice (Cl., Ph.D.) Reformulated Learned Helplessness Revisited: Attributions, Coping, and Depression. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1992
- Narducci, Piero (Cl., M.A.) The Sensitivity of The Verbal-Manual Concurrent-Task Paradigm To Lateralized Interference in Left and Right Handers (Supervisor: Dr. J. Boglin) Fall 1992
- Sawchyn, Agnes (Cl., Ph. D.) The Interpersonal Functioning of Mothers of Victims of Intrafamilial Sexual Abuse (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1992
- Ward, Kimberley (Cl., M.A.) An Examination of the Ability of Autistic Individuals to Discriminate and Interpret Facial Expressions. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring 1992
- Weick, Lara (Cl., M.A.) Assessing The Attribution of Chronic Pain To Aging: The Development Of An Interview Schedule (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1992
- Willis, Fonda (Cl., M.A.) Self-Affect and Self-Esteem in Hyperactive Boys.(Supervisor: Dr. D. Hay) Spring 1992
- Corbett, Lynn (Cl., M.A.) Gender, Attitudes, and Readers' Responses to 'Female' and 'Male" Texts. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Fall 1991
- Cornish, Peter A. (Cl., M.A.) Defining empowerment: Towards the development of phenomenologically-based theory and research methods. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1991
- Gordon, Bruce (Cl., Ph.D.) An Investigation of the Developmental-Difference Debate (Supervisors: Dr. J. Mills & Dr. D. Saklofske) Fall 1991
- Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas (Cl., Ph.D.) The underestimation of the role of physical attractiveness: Ignorance or taboo? (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1991
- Hemphill, James F. (Cl., M.A.) Recidivism of Criminal Psychopaths After Therapeutic Community Treatment (Supervisor: Dr. S. Wong) Fall 1991
- Lanius, Ulrich F. (Cl., Ph.D.) Assimilation and contrast in the effective appraisal of environments. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1991
- Miller, Colleen M. (Cl., M.A.) Negative affect and disease: determinants of subjective health status in a large community sample. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Fall 1991
- Savoie, Dallas (Cl., M.A.) Depression proneness and intrusive cognitions. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore) Fall 1991
- Sloane, Lynn (Cl., Ph.D.) Effect of Victim Interpersonal Style Rape Label, and Subject Sex on Attributions of Responsibility for Sexual Assault. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Spring 1991
- Stockdale-Winder, Fern N. (Cl., M.A.) Values: A qualitative exploration (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Fall 1991
- Walters, Diane (Cl., M.A.) "That Which You Are, That Only Can You Read": Reader Response and Social Motives (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1991
- Whitney, Debbie L. (Cl., Ph.D.) "Women's" or "Powerless" language in conversation: Gender, status, and attributional consequences. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1991
- Arnold, W. James (Cl., Ph.D.) Cogwheeling: Intergenerational influences of fathers on sons. (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Spring 1990
- Bell, Ruthanne E. (Cl., Ph.D.) Reactions to child victims and their families.
- (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Spring 1990
- Fick, Carol M. (Cl., M.A.) Job burnout in religious professionals: Job stress, social support, coping, and religiosity. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Fischer) Fall 1990
- Frain, Jennifer G. (Cl., M.A.) Cognitive appraisal, coping, and anxiety: Anticipating the dentist. (Supervisor: Dr. M.. Genest) Spring 1990
- Hurst, Susan (Cl., M.A.) Accuracy of interpersonal judgments in the depressed and the influence of self-schema and mood as mediators. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore) Fall 1990
- Nostbakken, Merle Arden (M.A.) Help seeking and learning disabled adolescents. (Supervisor: Vicki Kowalchuik) Spring 1990
- Vernon, Anne E. (Clin. M.A.) Division of conversational labour in same- and mixed-sex dyads. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Fall 1990
- Clair, David J. (Cl., Ph.D.) An examination of the adjustment of offspring of alcoholics from a relational perspective of stress. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1989
- Hutsul, Joanne J. (Cl., Ph.D.) Determinants of the content and organization of self knowledge structures. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1989
- Louisy, Helen J. (Cl., M.A.) Automatic activation of core and peripheral self-knowledge: An idiographic approach. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1989
- Mittelstaedt, Walter (Cl., Ph.D.) Development and validation of measures of self- and other-blaming personality tendencies. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1989
- Robertson, Susan Margaret (M.A.) On the stroll: Free agents and bonded labour in the street prostitution industry. Supervisor: Dr. H.D. Dickinson) 1989
- Rowley, Jane E. (Cl., M.A.) A comparison of the predictive and construct validities of the attributional style questionnaire and the sanctioning style questionnaire.(Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1989
- Tasca, Giorgio A. (Cl., Ph.D.) Complementarity and antidotes in psychotherapy: An interpersonal conceptualization of therapeutic interactions.(Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Fall 1989
- VanDeursen, John P. (Cl., Ph.D.) Stress and coping processes as a function of appraisal and cognitive development in young offenders appearing before youth court (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1989
- Witzel, Patricia (Cl., M.A.) Factors in the short-term psychological impact of miscarriage.(Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Spring 1989
- Acton, Robert G. (Cl., Ph.D.) A prospective study of postpartum depression: A test of the cognitive vulnerability model. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1988
- Bennett, Wayne (Cl., M.A.) Sleep-onset insomnia: A controlled comparison between two behavioural treatments. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Wollert) Fall 1988
- Crossley, Margaret (Cl., Ph.D.) Aging and divided attention performance: Evidence for a differential pattern of change. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Fall 1988
- Garlick, Douglas M. Cl., M.A.) An exploratory study of family dependence stress, and symptoms of bulimia. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1988
- Graff, Lesley A. (Cl., M.A.) Hostility toward women and men's responses to sexual stimuli. (Supervisor: Dr. B. Chartier) Spring 1988
- Hewitt, Paul (Cl., Ph.D.) Standard-Setting, Standard Shifts, Reward, and Punishment in Subclinical Depression. (Supervisor: Dr. R. .Wollert) Spring 1988
- Jurgens, Douglas (Cl., M.A.) A comparison of sanctions, attributions, and behaviour.(Supervisors: Dr. R. Wollert & Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1989
- MacDonald, Bonnie (Cl., Ph.D.) Association between emotion and lateral orientation in humans. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Spring 1988
- Mikail, Samuel (Cl., Ph.D.) The effect of social modeling on illness behaviour of children of chronic headache sufferers and children of illness free parents. Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1988
- Nanson, Josephine L. (Cl., Ph.D.)Attention deficits in alcohol-exposed, hyperactive and normal children. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Fall 1988
- Pancyr, Glenn C. (Cl., Ph.D.) The effect of mood on pain: A laboratory investigation. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1988
- Polvi, Natalie H., (Cl., M.A) Impulsivity and arousal in aggressive inmates. (Supervisor: Dr. Arthur Gordon) September 1988.
- Rinholm, Joanne (Cl. M.A.) An investigation of the association between parenting practices and adolescent depression. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1988
- Ross, Michael A. (Cl., M.A.) Health-related fund raising appeals: Does the degree of distress portrayed alter the effectiveness of the appeal? (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1988
- Alton, Wendy M. (Cl., M.A.) The structure of expectancy-confidence and its contribution to expectancy shifts. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Wollert) Spring 1987
- Baumbach, Jeremy (Cl., Ph.D.) Beyond gender identity. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1987
- Brenneman, Heather A. Cl., Ph.D.) The influence of affect on processing and remembering self-referent information. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Fall 1987
- Buranyi, George (Cl., Ph.D.) Paradoxical interventions and flexibility in interpersonal style.(Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1987
- Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas (Cl., M.A.) A study of the relationship of physical appearance with psychological functioning. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1987
- Kulak, Alison G. (Cl., M.A.). Educational modification of positivealcohol expectancies. (Supervisor: Dr. G. Farthing) Fall 1987
- Nicholaichuk, Terrance P. (Cl., Ph.D.) The effect of self-help on health status and health services utilization. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Wollert) Fall 1987
- Van Loo, Melaine (Cl., M.A.) Changes in locus of control expectancies in response to psychological headache treatment.(Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Spring 1987
- Wilkie, Colleen F. (Cl., M.A.) Interpersonal complementarity in dyadic interaction. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1987
- Zemp, Logan R. (Cl., M.A.) The effects of mood on memory during the administration of a retrospective questionnaire. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1987
- Krahn, Ellen E. (Cl., M.A.) Intimacy in same-gender friendships: Self-report and behavioural observation. (Supervisor: Dr. L. McMullen) Spring 1987
- Lanius, Ulrich F. (Cl., M.A.) Context effects in affective appraisal. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1986
- Ogloff, James R.P. (Cl., M.A.) Electrodermal and cardiovascular activity in psychopathy: Indicants of a coping response. (Supervisor: Dr. S. Wong) Fall 1986
- Pond, Carole A. (Cl., Ph.D.) The effect of expectancies about depression and depressed mood on perception and behavior in dyadic interactions. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1986
- Wilson, Allan R. (Cl., Ph.D.) Stress inoculation training for the alleviation of test anxiety: A self-efficacy analysis of the behavior change process. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Spring 1986
- Arnold, W. James (Cl., M.A.) Male socialization in identity and intimacy development. (Supervisor, B. Chartier) Fall 1985
- Dobbin, Gary R. (Cl., M.A.) Relaxation training and guided imagery as an adjunct treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1985
- Hutsul, Joanne J. (Cl., M.A.) Self-relevance and self-consciousness effects on the self-referent encoding of adjectives. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1985
- Mittelstaedt, Walter (Cl., M.A.) Mood reactions as a function of blaming self-relational style. (Supervisor: Dr.R. Wollert) Fall 1985
- Chartier, Brian M. (Cl., Ph.D.) The meaning and measurement of interpersonal flexibility.(Supervisor, J. Conway)
- Crossley, Margaret (Cl., M.A.) Resource allocation in children's reading. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Fall 1984
- Goff, Laurie K. (Cl., M.A.) The relationship between ocular motility and cognitive style. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Fall 1984
- Gordon, R. Bruce (Cl., M.A.) Boundary tracing, image scanning, attentional shifts, and apparent motion: An exploration of the possibility of a common shift operator.
- (Supervisor: Dr. P. Jolicoeur)
- Haverstock, Lynda M. (Cl., Ph.D.) Implications of treatment on sex knowledge, sex attitudes, and contraception of sexual liberal/conservative males. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest)
- Hewitt, Paul L. (Cl., M.A.) Perfectionism and ideal-self-schematic responding in depression. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Fall 1984
- MacDonald, Bonnie H. (Cl., M.A.) The effects of induced anxiety and question content on ocular motility and direction of lateral gaze. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock) Spring 1984
- McCormick, Brian J. (Cl., Ph.D.) The effects of aversive parental control II: Personality characteristics of the offspring. (Supervisor: Dr. W. James)
- Mikail, Samuel F. (Cl., M.A.) Verbal pain ratings: A potential source of bias in the cold pressor task. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Fall 1984
- Pond, James H.B. (Cl., Ph.D.) Psychological androgyny and adjustment: An interpersonal conceptualization of the adaptive consequences of sex-role orientation.(Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Fall 1984
- Rude-Weisman, Bonnie L. (Cl., M.A.) The role of the marital relationship in the psychosocial adjustment of the mastectomy patient. (Supervisor: Dr. L. Shepel) Fall 1984
- Sloane, Lynn M. (Cl., M.A.) Empathy for victim and attributions about sexual assault made by sexually assaultive men. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Spring 1984
- VanDeursen, John P (Cl., M.A.) The effects of pain ratings versus serenity ratings on pain tolerance: A methodological study. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer) Fall 1984
- Whitney, Debbie L. (Cl. M.A.) Interpersonal style and construal of dominant, submissive, agreeable, and quarrelsome interpersonal acts. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway) Spring 1984
- Clair, David J. (Cl., M.A.) Variables associated with the adjustment of young-adult offspring of alcoholic fathers. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Spring 1983
- Martin, Dennis P. (Cl., Ph.D.) Job stress in human service work: Individual, job, and organizational factors related to burnout. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Fisher)
- Pancyr, Glenn C. (Cl., M.A.) Demand characteristics of procedural instructions, efficacy of cognitive coping strategies, and cold pressor pain. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Genest) Spring 1983
- Baumbach, Jeremy (Cl., M.A.) Towards assessment of gender identity. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- Bell, Ruthanne E. (Cl., M.A.) Family functioning as perceived by mothers of children with Cystic Fibrosis and its relationship to life hassles, coping strategies, and social support. (Supervisor: Dr. L. Shepel)
- Duplessis, Gene (Cl., M.A.) A self-administered manual for test anxiety. (Supervisor: Dr. J. B. Conway) Spring 1982
- Johnson, Marianne (Cl., M.A.) Response bias in the ratings of a child of divorce: A function of parental marital status information. (Supervisor: Dr. L. Shepel) Spring 1982
- Slomen, Debby J. (Cl., M.A.) The consequences of nonverbal pain expression and rater sensitivity for evaluation of another's pain. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer)
- Acton , Robert G. (Cl., M.A.) Cognitive concomitants of anxiety in a stressful situation. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Cameron)
- Dewey, Deborah M. (Cl., M.A.) Effectiveness of medical and psychological treatments of primary dysmenorrhea as a function of locus of control. (Supervisor: Dr. C. von Baeyer)
- Jardine, Kathryn F. (Cl., M.A.) Coping and psychosocial adjustment in breast cancer patients.
- (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore) Spring 1982
- McMullen, Linda M. (Cl., Ph.D.) Degree of choice in clients' and therapists' language during psychotherapy. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Mills)
- Pond, Carole (Cl., M.A.) Affective and behavioral reactions of masculine, feminine and androgynous females to interpersonal stress situations. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- Solomon, Suzanne (Cl., M.A.) Perceived family adjustment and psychosocial problems identified by adolescents of parents with multiple sclerosis. (Supervisor: Dr. L. F. Shepel) Spring 1982
- Sungaila, Paul E. (Cl., M.A.) Construct validity and stereotypy in autonomic perception. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Scott)
- Cardey, Raymond M. (Cl., Ph.D.) Reflection-impulsivity and self- reinforcement. (Supervisor: Dr. N. E. Spence)
- Davidson, Tom (Cl., M.A.) On cognitive "behaviourism". (Supervisor: Dr. J. A. Mills)
- Dell, Lewis W. (Cl., M.A.) Interpersonal problem solving skill in relation to depression proneness and current severity of depression. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore)
- Dunn, Kenneth W. (Cl., M.A.) An experimental manipulation of method relationships in time judgement. (Supervisor: Dr. E. A. Clark)
- Ethier, Lois R. (Cl., M.A.) Effects of imagery value and response factors upon word recognition in left and right visual half-fields. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock)
- Dyer, Ann (Cl., M.A.) An assessment of attribution training as a means of alleviating helplessness. (Supervisors: Dr. R. Zemore and Dr. M. Pancer)
- Glassman, David M. (Cl., M.A.) Locus of control and treatment outcome in an alcoholic population. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Scott)
- Goldberg, Penny S. (Cl., M.A.) Experimental versus nonexperimental orientation in behavioral weight control treatment. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Cameron)
- Greschner, John J. (Cl., M.A.) A test of the cerebral asymmetry model of lateral eye-movements. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Hiscock)
- Mazo, Arnold P. (Cl., .M.A.) EMG biofeedback training: Its specificity or generalizability in the treatment of tension headache. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Cameron) 1978
- Mueller, Horst H. (Cl., M.A.) The evaluation of the use of trained relaxation and mental concentration as an active seizure-interruptor in focal psychomotor epilepsy: A clinical study. (Supervisor: Dr. J.B. Conway) 1978
- Senger, Elizabeth M. (Cl., M.A.) Development and validation of the eating behavior locus of control scale. (Supervisor: Dr. D. A. Scott) 1978
- Chartier, Brian M. (Cl., M.A.) An investigation of the construct and criterion validity of the Hoffer-Osmond diagnostic test in a psychiatric sample. (Supervisor: Dr. J. B. Lane)
- Dennis, Steven S. (Cl., M.A.) Generalization and maintenance of behavior change in the classroom through self-control. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- Katz, Zender (Cl., M.A.) Locus of control by locus of information outcome study in the treatment of public speaking anxiety. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- McMullen, Linda M. (Cl., M.A.) The effects of receiving information in the therapy session.(Supervisor: Dr. D. Rogers)
- Pond, James (Cl., M.A.) Multidimensional interpersonal stress and psychological androgyny. (Supervisor: Dr. N. Spence)
- Stewart, Norma J. (Cl., M.A.) Psychological effects of immobilizationand social isolation on hospitalized orthopedic patients. (Supervisor: Dr. M. Brown)
- Tutty, Leslie M. (Cl., M.A.) Therapeutic interventions in group marital psychotherapy. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Rogers)
- Arbuthnott, Dennis W. (Cl., M.A.) The effects of traffic noise and field dependency on reaction to a simulated automobile emergency situation. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Sydiaha-Symor)
- Blair, Margaret E. (Cl., M.A.) An analogue study of the relationships among the components of self-control: Standard setting, self-evaluation, and self-reward. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- Elgaard, Frances M. (Cl., M.A.) Irrational beliefs and reactions to failure. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore)
- Healey-Ogden, Marlene (Cl., M.A.) The effect of cognitive instructions and reward presentation on delay of gratification in retarded children. (Supervisor: Dr. W. James)
- Johansen, Lorna J. (Cl., M.A.) Attributions and trait-state depression.(Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore)
- Lorje, Patricia G. (Cl., M.A.) Psychiatric foster care landladies: Personality and attitude measurements. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Fischer)
- Snart, Fern D. (Cl., M.A.) Effects of imagining anxious and neutral scenes on forearm extensor EMG. (Supervisor: Dr. J. Conway)
- Zacharko, Robert M. (Cl., M.A.) Modification of thiamin deprivation- induced anorexia by ventromedial hypothalamic lesions and dietary fat content. (Supervisor: Dr. T. B. Wishart)
- Barker, Bryan W. (Cl., M.A.) A-B variable: Investigation into the complimentary hypothesis.(Supervisor: Dr. R. D. Martin)
- Cheaney, M. Suzanne (Cl., M.A.) The effects of room colour on emotional response. (Supervisor: Dr. R. D. Martin)
- Dineen, C. Tana (Ph.D.) A study of diagnostic decision making in psychiatry. (Supervisor: Dr. A. H. Neufeldt)
- Douglas, Dianne M. (Cl., M.A.) Locus of control and acceptance of personality interpretations. (Supervisor: Dr. R. D. Martin)
- Guenther, Mary Lou (M.A.) A comparison of Leiter and Wechsler tests of intelligence with Indian and white children. (Supervisor: Dr. D. Sydiaha)
- Masliyah, Esther (Cl., M.A.) Persistence as a function of task structure and locus of control.(Supervisor: Dr. W. H. James) 1975
- Mazurkewich, Sandra (Cl., M.A.) Personality characteristics of unwed mothers. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Martin) 1975
- Shepel, Lawrence F. (Cl., Ph.D.) A validation study of the locus of control construct. (Supervisor: Dr. W. James)
- Greenough, Timothy J. (Cl., M.A.) Attributive projection: An investigation of its antecedents and consequences. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Zemore)
- Hirsh, Allan M. (Cl., M.A.) Token economy procedures with multiply handicapped clients in a community sheltered workshop. (Supervisor: Dr. R. Stretch)
- Awrey, Arlo J. E. (Cl., M.A.) The effect of intelligence, test anxiety,and achievement motivating instructions on concept formation proficiency.(Supervisor: Dr. D. Sydiaha)
- Dineen, Catherine T. (Cl., M.A.) A study of the measurement and meaning of visual imagery ability. (Supervisor: Dr. A. Neufeldt)
- Sawchyn, Agnes A. (Cl., M.A.) The conditioned reinforcing effect CS in conditioned suppression using positive reinforcement. (Supervisor: Dr. N. E. Spence) 1971
- Nanson, Josephine L. (Cl.,. M.A.) An empirical evaluation of Freidman's rm procedure for a t test between two independent groups. (Supervisor: Dr. C. S. Bernhardson)
Policies and Procedure
Transfer and progress
Courses, teams, and examinations
Internships (12-month predoctoral)
- Internship application process for University of Saskatchewan applicants
- Communication between internship programs and academic programs guidelines (Council of Chairs of Training Councils, 2001)
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) application and acceptance policies and forms
- Internship placements of our students from 1997
Practica and summer clerkships
- Student Wellness Initiative Toward Community Health - FAQ for mentors
- Expectations for clerkships (full-time summer internships)
- Expectations for practica (8-month part-time)
- Process for students to resolve difficulties
- Evaluation of student by supervisor
- Evaluation of placement and self-evaluation by student
- Policy on Evaluation of Student Competence in the Clinical Psychology Program
- Annual evaluation by students and supervisors
Psychology Services Centre
- Description and meeting schedule
- Student Input in Clinical Program Governance and Role of Student Representatives
- Professional Affiliate, Associate Member, and Adjunct Faculty Appointments
- Tasks of the Director of Clinical Psychology Training
Registration or licensingThe Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology is designed to prepare graduates for full, independent registration or licensing in professional psychology following a postdoctoral year of supervised experience.
As of 2003, five provinces outside Saskatchewan (MB, ON, NS, PE, NF, NB), and most US jurisdictions, require a post-doctoral year of supervised experience for licensing for independent practice.
Provincial and territorial registration/licensing requirements for Canadian jurisdictions, and links to the regulatory organizations, are provided by the Canadian Psychological Association here. Information about licensing requirements for all US and Canadian jurisdictions can be also obtained free online from the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards.
As of February 2006, the policy of the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists is that the full-year predoctoral internship, if accredited by CPA or APA, may be counted by PhD graduates as supervised experience towards registration. Other provinces and states may require a year of post-doctoral supervised experience in addition to the internship.
Clinical Psychology Links
- Clinical Section of the Canadian Psychological Association
- Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs -- includes links to accredited doctoral and internship programs
- Canadian Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology -- A register of Canadian psychologists who meet basic criteria for the provision of health services
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
- Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology
- Canadian Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Personality Assessment
- Canadian Psychoanalytic Society
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- University of Saskatchewan Instructor and Staff Handbook
- University of Saskatchewan Nomenclature Report 2011
- University of Saskatchewan Academic Courses Policy