MA/PHD Application Checklist:
Fall Session is the only start date for Psychology and Health Studies.
*ALL application requirements must be complete by the deadline, including ALL letters of recommendation, English Language Proficiency Test (if required), etc. No exceptions.
DEADLINES: Clinical Program: December 1, 2023
Applied Social Program, Culture, Health and Human Development Program, Cognition and Neuroscience Program: January 15, 2024
Information regarding the online application can be found on the College of Postdoctoral and Graduate Studies website here: https://grad.usask.ca/admissions/how-to-apply.php
MA Program: BA or BSc Honours degree majoring in Psychology with an average of at least 75%
PhD Program: completed MA degree in Psychology
Before you start, you will need to have ready:
- Statement of Interest: Guideline - 2 to 3 page document stating your research and academic interests, related experience to the program you are interested in.
- 3 References - names and email addresses of your referees *Please ensure to enter the correct email address on the application.
- Upload copy of official transcripts from all institutions attended, including the "grading scale" (also called "legend' or "key") on the back of the transcript. Failure to include this will result on a delay of processing your application. Only upload each transcript once. CGPS will contact you if they require official transcripts.
- Name of potential supervisor(s). Potential supervisors do NOT need to be contacted prior to application.
- Visa or Mastercard for online payment of $120 application fee. This is non-refundable and your application will not be processed until your payment is received. *The secure online payment screen will only appear once so make sure you are ready with your Visa or Mastercard. Only complete and apid applications will be considered.
- TOEFL (if English is your second language; see language requirements here)
If you have any questions regarding your application, contact email@example.com.
Here is a helpful link to uploading documents if you are experiencing trouble: https://grad.usask.ca/admissions/uploading-documents.php#Requireddocuments
Here is the link for tuition and fees: https://students.usask.ca/money/tuition-fees/graduate-tuition.php
The GRE is no longer a requirement.
Getting Ready to Apply
Letters of Reference:
Letters of reference are completed online. When you fill out your application, you will be prompted to include your referee's information. Your referees will receive an email which contains a link they 'click' on to fill out the form and 'submit.' The letter will automatically be sent to the Department of Psychology electronically for your file. It is important that you enter the correct information. If changes need to made after you have submitted your application, this will cause a delay in your complete application.
The U of S Psychology Graduate Streams
We offer four distinct graduate training streams. For more information refer to this website Graduate Streams and/or contact the coordinator of the stream(s) you are interested in.
Applied Social Psychology
contact Dr. Valery Chirkov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
contact Dr. Jorden Cummings (email@example.com) or
Dr. Lachlan McWilliams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cogntion and Neuroscience
contact Dr. Janeen Loehr (email@example.com)
Culture, Health and Human Development Program
contact Dr. Michel Desjardin (firstname.lastname@example.org)