- Bilingualism, Multilingualism, pluralingualism, immigrant languages of Canada
- Sociolinguistics; cross-cultural studies; Discourse Analysis
- Russian language and cuture, Russian as an immigrant and heritage language of Canada
- Minority and immigrant language maintenance in Canada
- Doukhobor (Spirit Wrestlers) language, beliefs, and culture
- International students, immigrant adaptation
- Politeness in Farsi
5 books, over 100 research papers.
Please see Publications List at the bottom of this page under "Documents and Links".
Teaching & Supervision
Bilingualism and multilingualism Discourse Analysis Doukhobor Religion and Culture Immigrant languages and cultures Intercultural Communication Language Dynamics Language and Culture Language and Gender Linguistics Sociolinguistics
Language Dynamics, Intercultural Communication, Sociolinguistics, Language and Gender, Discourse Analysis, Language and Culture, Doukhobor Religion and Culture.
Bilingualism, Multilingualism Russian as a heritage language of Canada Russian as an immigrant language of Canada Russian language and culture Sociolinguistics cross-cultural studies immigrant adaptation in Canada immigrant languages of Canada language and culture languages minority languages of Canada sociolinguistics
Bilingualism and multilingualism, immigrant languages and cultures of Canada, Russian as an immigrant language of Canada, Russian as a heritage language of Canada, sociolinguistics, applied linguistics, Russian language and culture, Doukhobor (Spirit Wrestlers) Russian language and culture in Canada, cross-cultural studies, language and culture, Discourse Analysis, minority language maintenance.
Education & Training
PhD, Linguistics, University of St. Petersburg, 1992.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, the University of Edniburgh, 1998-1999.
Awards & Honours
- Teaching Excellence Award, awarded by College of Arts and Science, University of Saskatchewan May 2009