- Comparative endocrinology of vertebrates
- Body energy regulation in vertebrates, especially birds and teleosts
- Physiology of body growth in vertebrates
- Corticosterone physiology in birds
- Feathers as an integrated measure of hormone physiology in birds
Professor in the Department of Biology since 1989. I teach and research in the general area of animal physiology. I am particluarly fascinated by the origin of the vertebrate body. I also think our biosphere is in dire need of more respect.
animal biology bird corticosterone endocrinology energy feather growth hormone physiology stress vertebrate zoology