- Aquatic Macroinvertebrate Ecology
Selection of Publications (by Year)
- Cavallaro, M.C., A.R. Main, K. Liber, I.D. Phillips. "Neonicotinoids and other agricultural stressors collectively modify emergent aquatic insect communities.". Chemosphere 226 (2019): 945-955.
- M. Carr, L. Lin, A. Sadeghian, I.D. Phillips, K-E. Lindenschmidt. "Modelling the possible impacts of climate change on the thermal regime and macroinvertebrate community of a regulated prairie river.". Ecohydrology 12 (2019): e2102.
- Mihalicz, J., T.D. Jardine, H. Baulch, I.D. Phillips. "Seasonal effects of a hydropeaking dam on a downstream benthic macroinvertebrate community". River Research and Applications 35, 6 (2019): 714-724.
- Braun, D.P, I.D. Phillips, L. Nanayakkara, B. Wissel. "Diet characterization and a preliminary investigation into trophic niche placement for an endangered lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) population in the Saskatchewan River, SK, Canada.". PLoS One 13, 11 (2018): e0206313.
- Prestie, K., , I.D. Phillips, D.P. Chivers, T.D. Jardine. "Effects of ontogeny and crayfish invasion on feeding ecology and mercury concentrations of predatory fishes.". Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 76, 11 (2018): 1929-1939.
- Bell, A.J., I.D. Phillips, S.E. Nielsen, J.R Spence. "Species traits modify the species-area relationship in ground-beetle (Coleoptera: Carabidae) assemblages on islands in a boreal lake.". PLoS One 12, 12 (2017): e0190174.
- Phillips, I.D., S.H. Srayko, K.S. Prestie, A.J. Bell, and D. Parker. "Range extension of the giant water bug species Belostoma flumineum Say 1832 (Hemiptera: Belostomatidae) to Saskatchewan, Canada.". Western North American Naturalist 77 (2017): 269-271.
- I.D. Phillips, K.S. Prestie. "Evidence for substrate influence on artificial substrate invertebrate communities.". Environmental Entomology 46, 4 (2017): 926-930.
- Aaron J Bell, K.S. Calladine. "Distribution, abundance, and ecology of the threatened Gibson’s Big Sand Tiger Beetle (Cicindela formosa gibsoni Brown) in the Elbow Sand Hills of Saskatchewan.". Journal of Insect Conservation In Press
Awards & Honours
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, awarded by National Sciences and Engineering Research Council June 2019-May 2021
- Fish and Wildlife Development Fund Scholarship, awarded by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment January 2016-January 2017
- CABIN Biomonitoring, awarded by Environment and Climate Change Canada August 2015
- Fish and Wildlife Development Fund Scholarship, awarded by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment January 2014-January 2015
- Malcolm Ramsey Award, awarded by University of Saskatchewan December 2013
- Dr. Ken Stewart Memorial Scholarship, awarded by Fish Futures January 2013
- Brooks Award, awarded by Entomological Society of Saskatchewan December 2012
- Fish and Wildlife Development Fund Scholarship, awarded by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment January 2011-January 2012
- NSERC PGS-D, awarded by National Sciences and Engineering Research Council September 2010-August 2013