- Aboriginal social policy research
- Individual chairtable giving
- Economic forecasting
- Economic modeling
- Microeconomic theory
- The economies of Saskatchewan and the Arctic
- Howe, E. Education and Lifetime Income for Aboriginal People in Saskatchewan, in J.P. White, P. Maxim and D. Beavon, eds., Aboriginal Policy Research: Setting the Agenda for Change, Volume 1, Toronto: Thompson Educational Publishing, 2004, pp.175-191.
- K. Lendsay, M. Painter, and E. C. Howe: "Managing Saskatchewan's Expanding Aboriginal Economic Gap," Journal of Aboriginal Economic Development, 1(2), Winter 2000, pp. 31-45.
- K. Lendsay, M. Painter, and E. C. Howe: "Impact of the Changing Aboriginal Population on the Saskatchewan Economy: 1995-2045," Saskatchewan and Aboriginal People in the 21st Century. Regina: Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations, 1997, pp. 37-143.
- J. C. Stabler and E. C. Howe: "Services, Trade, and Regional Structural Change in Canada 1974-1984," Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies, 5(1), January 1993, pp. 29-50.
- E. C. Howe and J. C. Stabler: "The Regional Structure of the United States Economy," Papers in Regional Science, 71(2), April 1992, pp. 175-191.
- E. C. Howe: "A More Powerful Method for Triangularizing Input-Output Matrices: A Comment," Econometrica, 59(2), March 1991, pp. 521-523.
- E. C. Howe: "Simple Industrial Complexes," Papers in Regional Science, 70(1), January 1991, pp. 71-80.
- E. C. Howe and C. R. Johnson: "Expected-Value Norms on Matrices," Linear Algebra and its Applications, 139(1), October 1990, pp. 21-29.
- J. C. Stabler and E. C. Howe: "Native Participation in Northern Development: The Impending Crisis in the NWT," Canadian Public Policy, 16(3), September 1990, pp. 262-283.
- E. C. Howe and K. F. Forbes: "Negotiating Over Externalities," Natural Resource Modelling, 4(1), Winter 1990, pp. 95-119.
- J. C. Stabler, G. Tolley, and E. C. Howe: "Fur Trappers in the Northwest Territories: An Econometric Analysis of the Factors Influencing Participation," Arctic: Journal of the Arctic Institute of North America, 43(1), March 1990, pp. 1-8.
- P. Coughlin and E. C. Howe: "Policies Over Time and Pareto Optimality," Social Choice and Welfare, 6(4), 1989, pp. 259-273.
- E. C. Howe and J. C. Stabler: "Canada Divided: The Optimal Division of an Economy into Regions," Journal of Regional Science, 29(2), May 1989, pp. 191-211.
- E. C. Howe and C. R. Johnson: "Aggregation of Markov Processes: Axiomatization," Journal of Theoretical Probability, 2(2), April 1989, pp. 201-208.
- E. C. Howe and C. R. Johnson: "Linear Aggregation of Input-Output Models," Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, 10(1), January 1989, pp. 65-79.
- J. C. Stabler and E. C. Howe: "Service Exports and Regional Growth in the Postindustrial Era," Journal of Regional Science, 28(3), August 1988, pp. 303-315.
- E. C. Howe, C. R. Johnson, and J. Lawrence: "The Structure of Distances in Networks," Networks, 16(1), January 1986, pp. 87-106.
- E. C. Howe, G. E. Schluter, and C. R. Handy: "Measuring Labor Productivity in the Production of Food for Personal Consumption," Agricultural Economics Research, 28(4), October 1976, pp. 123-129.
- J. C. Stabler and E. C. Howe: "Socio-Economic Transformation of the Native People of the Northwest Territories, 1800-2000," in Old Pathways and New Directions: Towards a Sustainable Future. Calgary: Arctic Institute of North America, 1991, pp. 137-180.
- E. C. Howe and C. R. Johnson: "Analytic Problems in the Aggregation of Input-Output Models," in M. Gover and S. Barnett, ed., Applications of Matrix Theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1989, pp. 29-61.
- E. C. Howe and C. R. Handy: "Inventory and Critique of Productivity Estimates in the U.S. Food and Fiber Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 57(5), December 1975, pp. 916-921.
Aboriginal Arctic Indigenous Saskatchewan forecasting indigenous microeconomics