- Understanding dynamics and energy-transfer processes in molecules and supramolecular systems
- Using ultrafast laser spectroscopy techniques to measure these dynamics
- Investigating upconversion and downconversion (singlet fission) processes in molecules
- Using DNA nanotechnology to create scaffolds that organize and arrange molecules into specific arrays
- Forming thin films of molecules and DNA-molecule complexes that can be integrated into devices, such as solar cells
*Note: anyone interested in applying for grad studies in the group should use the totally free The Academic Road app at https://app.theacademicroad.com/apply/45CD9J8E.
Biomimetic materials DNA nanotechnology Molecular upconversion/downconversion Physical chemistry Ultrafast optical spectroscopy