Goal 1: Improve Tri-Agency outcomes by increasing intensity of research, scholarly, and artistic work (RSAW)
- Accelerate RSAW performance and success.
This goal is directly tied to the University’s 2025 Aspirations of Meaningful Impact and Global Recognition. It directly relates to the University’s Commitment areas of Courageous Curiosity (all four goals); Boundless Collaboration (Enrich Disciplines, and Align Structures).
- Implement College’s SSHRC strategy
- Increase SSHRC application rate and success rates
- Develop strategy for external funding for Fine and Performing Arts
- Expand NSERC strategy
- Increase number of grant applications while maintaining success rates
- Increase matching of eligible contracts through partnered programs
- Develop a college CIHR strategy
- Resources and funding commitment from the college to implement SSHRC Strategy
- Funding commitment from central and college to develop and implement the Fine and Performing Arts Strategy
- People resources from University Relations, Development Office to assist in possible fundraising for Fine and Performing Arts RSAW
- Resources to develop and implement CIHR strategy and expand NSERC strategy
- Yearly increase in total value and number of all tri-agency grants, including LOI stage and participation in internal review processes
- Increase in RSAW outputs and impacts
Goal 2: Increase intensity of research, scholarly and artistic work by building upon our distinctive strengths
- Enhance strategic leadership in existing areas of RSAW strength
- Elevate new areas of RSAW focus that are distinctive for our college
This goal is directly tied to the University’s 2025 Aspirations of Productive Collaboration and Global Recognition. It directly relates to the University’s Commitment areas of Courageous Curiosity (all four goals); Boundless Collaboration (Enrich Disciplines, Align Structures, Embolden Partnerships).
- Identify our distinguishing strengths as a college
- Incubate new multidisciplinary clusters
- Encourage pursuit of larger-scale Tri-Council and other funding opportunities
- Identify and create Research Chair opportunities in focus areas
- People and resources to identify existing and potential strengths
- People resources and funding internally and from SRI /OVPR to perform an environmental scan of current collaborations, identifying new interdisciplinary and disciplinary cluster opportunities and developing those collaborations
- Partnership with SRI to develop larger-scale funding proposals
- Collaboration with Director of Development to identify donor-funded opportunities and interests
- Increase cross-disciplinary clusters
- Increase in number of Research Chairs
- Increase in RSAW outputs and impacts
Goal 3: Foster Connections and Collaborations
- Increase connections with Indigenous, local, national and international partners, organizations and communities.
This broad-based goal is directly tied to each of the University’s 2025 Aspirations. It directly relates to each goals in all three of the University’s Commitment areas.
- Work with other colleges, centres and SRI to support institution-wide initiatives. Be good citizens in being quick to come to the table and to engage in partnerships
- Work with Vice Dean Indigenous to develop new Centre for Indigenous RSAW
- Create strategy for recognizing Community Engaged Scholarship
- Partnership with OVPR / SRI on developing connections
- Resource and activate MOUS, Community collaborations, college/centre collaborations and external collaborations with other Universities, and Colleges, International and NGO’s
- Number of active partnerships and collaborations internally, locally, nationally and internationally
- Activated MOUS’s, etc.
Goal 4: Nurture a culture of RSAW by celebrating RSAW achievements and success
- Inspire and foster increased engagement of faculty and students at all levels and across all disciplines in research, scholarly and artistic work.
This goal is directly tied to the University’s 2025 Aspirations of Productive Collaboration, Meaningful Impact and Global Recognition. It directly relates to the University’s Commitment areas of Courageous Curiosity (all four goals); Boundless Collaboration (Enrich Disciplines, Embolden Partnerships); Inspired Communities (all four goals).
- Develop an Honours, Prizes and Awards Strategy
- Plan and execute appropriate celebration events
- Form and execute communications plans on RSAW progress, successes and impacts to a variety of stakeholders
- Partnership with VD Faculty Relations on celebration events
- Partnership with SRI / OVPR and departments on Awards Strategy
- People resources for Awards Strategy
- Resources for celebrations
- Central and college communications and event planning support
- Numbers of honours, prizes and awards
- Communications metrics (e.g. audience numbers, views)
- Event success metrics