Become a Grad Student
Arts & Science offers grad students a world of choice
Graduate students’ “academic home” is the academic program or department in which they are enrolled. The programs and/or departments will:
- Receive your application, make sure all supporting documents have been received and the application fee has been paid;
- Review your academic background and, where applicable, your English test results;
- Make sure there is a faculty member willing to supervise you;
- Make a determination on departmental scholarships, fellowships or other funding;
- Make a decision on recommending you for admission to the College of Graduate Studies and Research.
All graduate students are registered students in the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGSR).The CGSR makes the final decision on admission. Their admissions officer will:
- Review the recommendation submitted by your academic unit;
- Ensure all eligibility criteria have been met;
- Issue the formal letter of offer of admission.
Prospective and current students should direct inquiries to the graduate program to which they have applied, or under which they are currently studying. A listing of graduate programs and contacts can be found here: http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/grad_programs/