Thank you for your interest in graduate studies in our department. Useful information about University admissions requirements and graduate study at the U of S can be found at the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGSR), and the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Students Association. Requirements for admission of students to the College are formally published in the University Calendar.
Admission to the Department of Biology is approved by the Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) and CGSR. However, acceptance of an applicant is dependent upon a supervisor being available. Therefore, it is important that applicants contact individual faculty members in the department with whom they would like to work. Occasionally the supervisor and GSC may wish to interview an applicant before a final decision is made about admission.
On-line applications must be made through the College of Graduate Studies and Research website. However, a submitted application does not guarantee admittance, nor does admission to the College of Graduate Studies per se ensure that a student can undertake a graduate program in Biology. A shortage of space or funds, or lack of an available supervisor, may preclude admittance. Thus in order for us to pursue your inquiry further, the Department of Biology requests additional information regarding your academic background and experience beyond that required by the CGSR.
- Explore the research expertise within the Department of Biology and contact faculty members to inquire about their willingness to act a potential supervisor. Your application for admission will not be processed until someone has agreed to supervise your program.
- Complete the online application at the College of Graduate Studies and Research website
- Provide additional application materials required by the Department of Biology:
- A letter outlining your research interests and explaining why you wish to apply to this Department
- Copies of your academic transcript(s): photocopies are fine at the time of initial application
- A curriculum vitae or resume
Written correspondence regarding graduate applications should be addressed to:
The Admissions Secretary
Graduate Studies Committee
Department of Biology
University of Saskatchewan
112 Science Place
S7N 5E2 Canada
Graduate Chair - Dr. James Benson (email@example.com)