A Major in Biology
The three degree programmes in Biology are:
- B.Sc. Three-year - a sound introduction to the major areas of biology. This degree is perfect for students going on into a professional program such as medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law or education.
- B.Sc. Four-year - allows students to develop a biology programme to suit their interests further to the major areas of biology. This degree is perfect as an entry level.
- B.Sc. Honours - for students who meet the required academic standing and wish to follow a more intensive schooling in selected areas of biology. This degree is perfect from which to move into higher education in the form of a Master or Doctoral degree.
- BSc, Double Honours - Combine your degree with another major
- Biology and Biotechnology B.Sc. Four-year and honours
- Environmental Biology - This is an interdisciplinary program examining the biological components of the environment. Students obtain a 4 year B.Sc. or B.Sc. honors degree in this exciting subfield of Biology
- Agricultural Biology - Students have the possibility of majoring in Biology in the College of Agriculture and Bioresources under the Agricultural Biology Option. For more information, consult the section on Fields of Specialization in the College of Agriculture, and the program advisor in the department of Biology
A Minor in Biology
Students who, in conjunction with a major in a different subject or an interdisciplinary program, take the following will receive a Minor in Biology.
- 6 credit units of 100-level BIOL
- 12 credit units senior BIOL
- At least 3 credit units must be at the 300- or 400-level. Courses listed under the "C6 Major Requirement" of the student's program major cannot be used to meet requirements for the minor.