Graduate Student Handbook
General Program, Thesis & Defence Information
- Graduate Programs Information for graduate students on policies and procedures in the Department of Physics and Engineering Physics
- Students whose start date is prior to May 1, 2022 follow this Program Information guideline (pdf).
- If your start date is September 1, 2021 or January 1, 2022 and you have NOT had an advisory meeting yet,
- you may use the new Programs Information guideline (pdf).
- Students whose start date is May 1, 2022 or later use this Program Information guideline (pdf).
- Qualifying Requirement Form (MS-WORD)
- Prescreening Form for Prospective Graduate Students (MS-WORD)
- Guidelines for Thesis Preparation
- All students are required to take Quantum Mechanics and Electromagnetic Theory during their Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Departmental Scholarship Application form: MS-WORD OR PDF
- Graduate scholarship descriptions (PDF)
- Depending on the area of research and other circumstances (such as needs) graduate students may be eligible for other awards administered by the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS). Students should consult Awards Database for eligibility and deadlines.
- NSERC award