Lab Rules & IT Policies
Lab Policies & Rules
- Absolutely NO food or drinks allowed in our computer lab facilities (Exception: sealed water bottles are allowed). Any food & drink (including empty containers) on the desk will be assumed to belong to the current user. Visit this link for more information http://artsandscience.usask.ca/it/labs/labrules_infractions.php
- Please keep noise level to a minimum. Be considerate of other lab users. Do not talk on cell phones in the lab.
- Lab computers are to be used for academic/educational purposes and research in which you have been authorized. Other uses for commercial gain or private profit are not permitted.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of the reservation status of the lab. Check the reservation schedule posted on or near the door. Students are expected to logout and leave the room at least 5 minutes before the start of a room booking. Students who do not leave the room after being asked, may have their accounts suspended.
- Installing software/applications/programs is prohibited (such as games and plugins for Firefox, etc.). You are only allowed to run the software that is already installed on the lab computers. Applications or programs are to be installed by lab staff only. If there is software you would like to see in the labs, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- It is not permissible to send, view or print messages/graphics that are sexually explicit or of a harassing nature using any equipment in the computer lab.
- Please do not waste paper. You will be charged for every page you print in the lab. Please review/preview your work carefully before printing.
- Always ensure that you are properly logged out before leaving the lab. You are responsible for any activity that occurs on a lab computer while your account is logged in. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended. We are not responsible for any theft.
- Do not share your user account or password with anyone including a friend, family member, or other individual. Each account is assigned to a single individual, who is responsible for all computer usage under that account.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, and are prohibited from using any university computer equipment.
The lab may be closed and/or certain services may be unavailable due to unforeseen reasons. The lab is not liable to a member for damages/refund should this occur.
Notice of service outages will be announced whenever possible. For information on other lab locations, check the following website for detailed information on other Arts and Science lab locations: http://artsandscience.usask.ca/it/labs/locations.php
Please report all computer hardware/software problems and other issues to email@example.com
Note: Please visit the following link to review the Campus IT rules and policies document: http://policies.usask.ca/policies/operations-and-general-administration/computer-use.php
Note: Academic and/or Criminal investigations may result from infractions of University of Saskatchewan or Arts & Science computer lab policies depending on severity.
UofS Computer Use Policies/Information:
- University of Saskatchewan Computer Use Policy & Appropriate Use of University Computing Facilities
- Copyright Compliance - Software Licenses
- Infringement of Copyright
Please remember all computers are for academic use only.