Alumni of Influence
The Alumni of Influence Awards are a way for the College of Arts & Science to publically recognize and celebrate our very distinguished alumni and signal to our students that they are part of a vibrant and accomplished college.
Nominate an Alumni of Influence
Nominees: Must be Alumni of the College of Arts & Science.
Award Selection: Alumni of Influence Award Selection Committee will independently review and rank each nomination form according to the award criteria. Recipients will be selected based on the highest aggregate score. An announcement identifying the recipients will be made in the Arts & Science alumni magazine.
Contact: Nominations to be submitted to the College of Arts & Science
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: College of Arts & Science
Attn: Alumni of Influence Selection Committee
Arts 235 - 9 Campus Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A5
Alumni of Influence Award Terms of Reference
The Alumni of Influence Awards are a way for the College of Arts & Science to publically recognize and celebrate our very distinguished alumni and signal to our students that they are part of a vibrant and accomplished college.1. The Award:
- a. Shall be named the "Alumni Of Influence" (AOI) Award;
- b. Is the most prestigious College of Arts & Science Alumni Award;
- a. Must be Alumni of the College of Arts & Science;
- b. Achieved distinction in a chosen field of endeavor;
- c. Made an outstanding contribution in their field, which has not necessarily received public acclaim;
- d. Made a contribution of significance that has reflected positively on the College of Arts & Science; for example:
- i. Outstanding contribution, volunteer leadership, mentorship or service to the community at home or abroad that has made a difference to the wellbeing of others.
ii. Significant and on-going contribution to Aboriginal initiatives and the Aboriginal community.
- e. May only receive the Alumni of Influence Award once
- a. Call for Nominations will be sent out each year;
- b. Nominations must be signed and accompanied by a letter of support;
- c. Individuals may nominate more than one nominee in a particular year;
- d. Nominations may be carried forward and treated as a submission for the succeeding year;
- e. If no nominations are received, the Selection Committee may consider nominations received in prior years or submit its own nomination;
4. Selection Committee:
- a. Members of the Selection Committee will be chosen by College of Arts & Science Alumni Relations;
- b. Selection Committee will be responsible for reviewing all nomination materials received and selecting recipients;
5. Selection Process:
- a. Selection Committee will receive all nomination materials for the Alumni of Influence Award;
- b. Nominees will stand for nomination for a total of two (2) years and, if the nominee does not receive the award in that period, the nomination will be placed in an inactive file for consideration by the Selection Committee, in its discretion, in any subsequent year;
- c. Each committee member will rank each nominee on a criteria-ranking form;
- d. Results are submitted in confidence to Arts & Science Alumni Relations for compilation and ratification;
- e. Individual committee members' rankings will not be revealed;
- f. Highest aggregate scores will determine the recipients of the Alumni of Influence Award;
- g. Recipients will be determined no later than September 30th of each year;
6. Recognition of the recipient:
- a. Recipient will be presented with a unique certificate during AOI Banquet;
- b. If the recipient is unable to attend the ceremony, the recipient may identify a designate to accept the award;
- c. Publicity will appear in the Arts & Science alumni magazine and a news release prepared and provided to local media;
- d. In the event of the death of the recipient prior to the ceremony and in consultation with the recipient's family/next of kin, the award will be granted posthumously;
7. The College of Arts & Science reserves the right to:
- a. Revoke an award granted to a recipient should circumstances arise that could unfavourably impact the reputation and/or image of the College of Arts & Science;
- b. Make changes to these Terms of Reference on the recommendation of the Selection Committee;
- c. Authorize the deviation from these Terms of Reference, from time to time, on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.