You have questions and we have answers

Choose from the links below to read more.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where can I find out what classes I must successfully complete to complete my degree? How far along am I in my degree?

While it still remains important to have regular contact with your Academic Advisor, Degree Works is a great tool for tracking your degree.

Please note that even if you are Band funded, the university still holds you, the student, financially responsible for paying your tuition. This means that if your tuition and/or fees are paid late, you will have a “HOLD” placed on your account. When this happens, you will not be able to add classes, see your final grades, or order transcripts until the fees are paid in full.

  • How do I opt out of the USSU Health and Dental Plan?
    • Go to
    • Select "Opt Outs" on the right hand side of the screen under the heading “COVERAGE”
    • Select "Opt Out Now" on the left hand side of the screen
    • Here you will provide a copy of your Treaty Card or proof of other Health and Dental Plan coverage.
  • Can an Academic Advisor release information to my Post-Secondary Coordinator?

Under no circumstances can information be released to your Post-Secondary Coordinator without a current, signed copy of the Authorization to Release Information form. You can obtain the form by clicking here.  A copy will be kept on your student file.

Please note that there is a charge for Official Transcripts. To confirm to your Funding Agency that you are registered, please see: “How do I get a Confirmation of Enrolment to send to my funder”.

  • Where can I get information on housing and daycare?
  • What is the Common Experience Payments (CEP) Benefit and how can I take advantage of it?

Former Residential School students who received Common Experience Payments are eligible for a one time Personal Credit of up to $3,000 that can be used towards tuition, fees, books and computers at Educational Entities such as the University of Saskatchewan. These Personal Credits can also be signed over to a relative who is in an educational program. If you are unsure about this benefit or you think you are eligible and have questions about the Redemption Forms you can contact Student Central (the main contact there is Brett Suwinski at 306-966-1233 or but any Student Central Officer can answer questions at 306-966-1212,, or in person in the Administration Building) or Lennard Fox at Student Accounts and Treasury (at 306-966-4597 or in person at E40 Administration Building).