Acrylic Painting I: Basic Techniques and Fundamentals
Instructor: Maia Stark
10 weeks: January 15 to March 19
$375 (supplies not included)
This is a class for beginners who are looking for a guided and supportive introduction to painting techniques and fundamentals. Students can expect warm-up exercises, guided projects, short lectures/slideshows, and demonstrations on paint application. The aim of this course is to provide a solid foundation of paint techniques to build confidence and enrich students’ personal expression. Students will have the opportunity for a self-directed project at the end of the course. Note: a sketchbook is required.
- Discussion and introduction to course; warm-up exercises
- Applying paint; students will learn the basics of paint application and different kinds of mark making
- Value and isolating shape;students will learn how to identify values in their painting
- Introduction to colour theory; identifying and using warm and cool colour
- Colour theory continued; mixing secondary and complementary colour
- Palettes; descriptive and expressive colour
- Self-directed project
Click here for the supply list.