Assistant Professor, ICCC (WGST) & English
Office: Arts 416
Honours, Awards & Distinctions (Most Recent)
- Teaching Excellence in Humanities and Fine Arts, awarded by College of Arts and Science, March 16, 2015
- Community Initiatives Fund, awarded by Community Initiatives Fund, June 14, 2013 until November 17, 2014
- Situated Gendered Labour Analysis in China's New Economy: Generational Migration, Stasis and the Politics of Resiliency, awarded by Global Partners II Funding, March 14, 2011
- Networking – Picture It: Saskatchewan Youth-in-Care Networks in Time and Space, awarded by President's SSHRC, December 14, 2009
- IRDC-CRDI, Feasibility Study for Partnership in Graduate Gender Studies Research Exchange between the University of Saskatchewan and Lanzhou, University in China, awarded by Global Partners II Funding, March 16, 2009
- University of Saskatchewan Student Union Teaching Award and University of Saskatchewan Women's Centre Award, awarded by University of Saskatchewan, January 30, 2007
- Program Development Funding, Representation, Embodiment & the City, awarded by University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, November 30, 2005
- Goddard College Community Service Award, awarded by Goddard College, August 15, 2002
- New York City DREAM Award for Youth Engagement, awarded by A World of Difference Institute, June 25, 2002
Publications (Most Recent)
- Lovrod, M, & Wood, K. "Encounters with the Uncanny: Open-ended creative research with subalterned communities as ethical practice." In Imaginative Inquiry: Innovationive Approachesd to Interdisciplinary Research, First, edited by Curtis Fogel, Andrea Quinlan & Elizabeth Quinlan, 147-165. California: Academica Press, 2014.
- Lovrod, M, & Wood, K. "A Healing Centre of One's Own: Woolf's Legacy and Public Responses to Child Abuse." In Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Woolf: Selected Papers from the Twenty- Second Annual International Conference on Virginia Woolf, First, edited by Ann Martin & Kathryn Holland. South Carolina: Clemson University Press, 2013.
- Zhang, Y & Lovrod, M., Williams, Lewis, Roberts, Rose & McIntosh, Alastair. "Rebuilding China's Economy on Gendered Rural Family Labour: A Case Study of Generational Migration, Stasis and Ecological Degradation." In Radical Human Ecology: Intercultural and Indigenous Approaches, edited by , 327-346. Surrey, England & Burlington, VT: Ashgate Press, 2012.
- Lovrod, M, & Ross, L., Dea, Shannon & Holmes, Morgan. "Post Trauma: Medicalization and Damage to Social Reform." Atlantis: A Women's Studies Journal Special Conference Issue 35.2 (2011).
- Lovrod, M. "Minds of Our Own: Inventing Feminist Scholarship and Women's Studies in Canada and Québec, 1966 – 76, Edited by Wendy Robbins, Meg Luxton, Margrit Eichler & Francine Descarries." Review of , Labour/Le Travail, 66 (2010): 245-247.
- Lovrod, M. "Sounding Capacities for Co-Creation: Ellen Moffat's COMP_OSE. FUSE: Art, Culture, Politics." 32.3, June (2009): 42-43.
- Lovrod, M, & Lynda R. Ross. "Chapter 1: Introduction: Negotiating Social Complexities in Counseling Practice." In Counseling Women: Feminist Issues, Theory and Practice, edited by , 1-17. Toronto: Women's Press, 2009.
- Lovrod, M. "Chapter 7: Considerations in Counselling Children and Adult Survivors of Childhood Traumas: Community, Context, and Intersubjective Resiliencies." In Counseling Women: Feminist Issues, Theory and Practice, edited by , 172-194. Toronto: Women's Press, 2009.
- Lovrod, M. & Nestel, S.. "Equity Issues in Midwifery and Feminist Movements: Author's Reflections." Altantis 34.1 (2009).
- Lovrod, M. "Transculturing Auto/Biography: Forms of Life Writing." Review of , ARIEL: A Review of International English Literature; Special Issue – Life Writing in an International Context, 39 (2008): 239-241.
- Lovrod, M. "Shifting Contexts, Shaping Experiences: Child Abuse Survivor Narratives and Educating for Empire." Meridians: Feminism, Race, Transnationalism 5.2, Spring (2005): 30-56.
- Lovrod, M. "Mirror Talk: Genres of Crisis in Contemporary Autobiography." Review of , Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly, 24.2 (2001): 450-453.