David J. Parkinson
B.A. (Victoria), M.A. (McMaster), Ph.D. (Toronto)
Vice-Dean of Humanities and Fine Arts; Professor of English
Office: Arts 231
Late-medieval and early-modern literature in Scotland
Publications (Most Recent)
- Parkinson, D, ed. James VI and I, Scotland and Literature. Leuven: Peeters, 2013.
- Parkinson, D. "Henryson's Matter of Style." Review of English Studies 62 (2011): 520-537.
- Parkinson, D. "Arcadia, Emulation and Regret." In The Apparelling of Truth, edited by N. Royan and K. McGinley, 252-265. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars, 2010.
- Parkinson, D, ed. The Complete Poems of Robert Henryson. Kalamazoo: Medieval Institute, 2010.
- Parkinson, D. "The Chepman and Myllar Prints." Review of , JEGP, (2010): 267-269.
- Parkinson, D. "Henryson's Fox and Hary's Potter." Notes and Queries 57 (2010): 476-480.
- Parkinson, D. "Some Recent Books on Scottish Literature." Review of , Florilegium, (2009): 251-272.
- Parkinson, D. "The Knightly Tale of Golagros and Gawane." Review of , Journal of the Edinburgh Bibliographical Society, (2009): 83-85.
- Parkinson, D. "The Poems of Walter Kennedy." Review of , Medium Aevum, (2009): 163-164.
- Parkinson, D. "Kingship and Love in Scottish Poetry." Review of , Medium Aevum, (2009): 140-141.
- Parkinson, D. "Rutherford's Landscapes." In Joyous Sweit Imaginatioun, edited by S. Dunnigan and S. Carpenter, 177-197. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2007.
- Parkinson, D. "Gawin Douglas and William Dunbar." In Encyclopedia of British Literature, edited by David Kastan. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006.