David J. Parkinson
B.A. (Victoria), M.A. (McMaster), Ph.D. (Toronto)
Vice-Dean of Humanities and Fine Arts; Acting Director, ICCC; Professor of English
Office: Arts 231
- literary culture in Scotland 1350–1700
- reception of medieval Scottish literature
- the linguistic history of Older Scots
- medieval comedy
Late-medieval and early-modern literature in Scotland
Publications (Most Recent)
- Parkinson, D, ed. James VI and I, Scotland and Literature. Leuven: Peeters, 2013.
- Parkinson, D. "Henryson's Matter of Style." Review of English Studies 62 (2011): 520-537.
- Parkinson, D. "Arcadia, Emulation and Regret." In The Apparelling of Truth, edited by N. Royan and K. McGinley, 252-265. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars, 2010.
- Parkinson, D, ed. The Complete Poems of Robert Henryson. Kalamazoo: Medieval Institute, 2010.
- Parkinson, D. "Henryson's Fox and Hary's Potter." Notes and Queries 57 (2010): 476-480.
- Parkinson, D. "Rutherford's Landscapes." In Joyous Sweit Imaginatioun, edited by S. Dunnigan and S. Carpenter, 177-197. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2007.
- Parkinson, D. "Alexander Montgomerie: Scottish Author." In Older Scots Literature, edited by S. Mapstone, 493-513. Edinburgh: John Donald, 2005.
- Parkinson, D. "Orpheus and the Translator." In Rhetoric, Royalty and Reality, edited by A. A. MacDonald and K. Dekker, 107-120. Leuven: Peeters, 2005.
- Parkinson, D. "The Legend of the Bischop of St. Androis Lyfe." Early Modern Literary Studies 9.1, 5 (2003): 1-23.
- Parkinson, D. "Dreams in the Clear Light of Day." In Literature, Letters and the Canonical in Early Modern Scotland, edited by T. van Heijnsbergen and N. Royan, 138-150. East Linton: Tuckwell, 2002.
- Parkinson, D. "'A lamentable storie'." In A Palace in the Wild, edited by A. A. MacDonald, L.A.J.R. Houwen, and S. Mapstone, 141-160. Leuven: Peeters, 2000.
- Parkinson, D, ed. Alexander Montgomerie: Poems. Edinburgh: Scottish Text Society, 2000.