Cynthia Wallace, STM
B.A. (Cedarville), M.A., Ph.D. (Loyola Chicago)
Office: St. Thomas More 213
- Catholic writers
- Postcolonial literature
- Women writers and feminist theory
- Religion and literature
- Ethical theory
Honours, Awards & Distinctions (Most Recent)
- Lionel Basney Award for the Most Ouststanding Aricle of the Year, awarded by Conference on Christianity and Literature (United States of America), December 26, 2012
- President's Medallion for Scholarship, Leadership, and Service, awarded by Loyola University Chicago (United States of America), November 11, 2011
Publications (Most Recent)
- Wallace, C. "L as Language: Love and Ethics." African American Review 47, 2-3 (2014): 375-390.
- Wallace, C. "Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Purple Hibiscus and the Paradoxes of Postcolonial Redemption." Christianity and literature 61, 3 (2012): 465-483.
- Wallace, C. "In the Beginning: Beloved and the Religious Word of Psychoanalysis." Literature and Theology 25, 3 (2011): 268-282.
- Wallace, C. Of Women Borne: A Literary Ethics of Suffering. New York, NY: Columbia University Press. (In Press)