Currently conducted by Jennifer Lang, the Greystone Singers is a mixed-voice choir open by audition to all University of Saskatchewan students who love singing and enjoy learning a challenging and varied repertoire. Rehearsing twice a week, the music ranges from traditional and classical to sacred and secular, including folk songs and spirituals in a variety of languages and styles. Greystone Singers records and performs regularly. Since 1958, when the choir was first organized, nearly two thousand young men and women have sung with this award-winning ensemble. Touring every few years to places such as China and Europe, the Greystone Singers upholds a tradition of excellence throughout the world. In 2013, under the leadership of retired conductor, Gerald Langner, the choir was awarded first prize in the Mixed-Voice Collegiate Choirs category of the biennial ChoralCanada-CBC National Choral Competition for Amateur Choirs.
To listen to the Greystone Singers, click here.
To see a photo set of the Greystone Singers' 2010 tour to China, click here.
Auditions for 2016-17
Auditions for 2016-17 will be held Friday, September 2, Tuesday September 6 and Wednesday September 7 during the first week of classes.
Please sign-up using the following electronic link: Greystone Singer Audition Sign-up
The ten-minute audition consists of exercises to assess vocal range, aural skills, sight-singing skills.
Please prepare your choice of an excerpt of a song (unaccompanied) that best demonstrates your range and musicality.
Weekly rehearsals are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:50 PM in Quance Theatre, Education Building, with one extra hour sectional rehearsal TBA.
Greystone Singers Concerts and Events for 2016-17 Fall Term:
• September 2, 6& 7 – Auditions (Friday, Tuesday & Wednesday)
• September 10 – 10 am-6 pm – Retreat – Quance Theatre (Saturday)
• September 11 – 1pm- 6 pm - Retreat – Quance Theatre (Sunday)
• October 27 – Rehearsal with Fred Sjoberg (Alberta Youth Choir Conductor)
• October 29 – Departmental Fundraiser Dance & Music – Manhattan Ballroom (Sat.)
• November 1 – Great War Ceremony – 7 pm – Convocation Hall
• November 24 –Queen’s House of Retreat Gala (Thursday)
• November 26 – Dress rehearsal – 1pm-4pm (Saturday)
• November 27 – Fall Concert with Side-by-Side & University Chorus – 3pm
(Sunday) in Knox United Church (Tickets are available from chorus members, McNally Robinson, or at the door).
2016-17 Winter Term:
• January 7 – Retreat (Saturday)
• January 8 – Retreat & Recording (Sunday)
• January 19-21 – Collage – Tour & Showcase (Thursday-Saturday)
• March 11 – Dress Rehearsal – 1pm-4pm (Saturday)
• March 12 – Spring Concert – 3 pm (Sunday) with University Chorus in Knox United Church (Tickets are available from chorus members, McNally Robinson, or at the door).
• March 23 – SSO Dress rehearsal (Thursday)
• March 24 – SSO Dress Rehearsal (Friday)
• March 25 – SS0 Dress Rehearsal and concert (Saturday)
• May 6- Joint Double-Choir Dress Rehearsal with Saskatoon Chamber Singers (optional)
• May 7 - Joint Double-Choir Concert with Saskatoon Chamber Singers (optional) 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM