How to Apply
To apply to the graduate programs in Philosophy one needs to:
- Complete an online application for admission to the graduate program, which includes three letters of reference (the referees whose email addresses you provide in your online application will automatically be directed to an online form to submit), uploading of the supporting documents, and a processing fee of $90 CAD as instructed in the online application.
- Upload the following supporting documents with your online application:
- A statement outlining the areas of philosophy in which you are currently interested and, if you intend to pursue the thesis option, in what areas or specific problems you would be interested in concentrating your research.
- a sample of your written work on some topic in philosophy (an essay or term paper for a philosophy course would be appropriate).
- your CV (resume)
- transcripts from all your post-secondary institutions.
- test results of proof of English proficiency from applicants from non-English speaking countries (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS), if required. Click here for details.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted at any time for admission in September of the following year. In order to maximize one’s opportunities for funding, a complete application with all supporting documents should be received by February 1st.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact:email@example.com
All students may be considered for funding. Click here for funding details