Weekly French Classes
To help protect our community and prevent the spread of COVID-19, summer classes will be offered online.
In today’s competitive and global economy, learning Canada’s second official language can give you the edge that you need to succeed in today's job market, the confidence to discover and travel to new destinations, and can allow you to communicate with family and friends. Develop your language skills as you progress through the levels with qualified, fluent, and experienced instructors in a relaxed and friendly learning environment. You will receive a progress report card and an income tax deduction receipt.
- Low beginner to advanced (12 levels)
- Fall, winter and spring: 20 hours over 10 weeks
- Summer: 20 hours over 8 weeks
- $250 (GST is not applied to Canadian official languages courses)
2020 summer classes run from July 7 to August 27, and enrolment is capped at 8 students. You will receive the online meeting information a few days before the start of class.
|Tuesdays||4:30-7:00pm||French 1 FULL||Kerri Anderson|
|Tuesdays||4:30-7:00pm||French 2||Helena Larsen McKay|
|Tuesdays||4:30-7:00pm||French 13.2A||Irène Gould|
|Wednesdays||4:30-7:00pm||French 1 FULL||Irène Gould|
|Thursdays||4:30-7:00pm||French 3 FULL||Helena Larsen McKay|
Register online or by calling 306-966-4355 or 306-966-5539. Not sure what level you should be in? If you have not taken classes with us before, contact us at 306-966-4355 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick oral assessment. If you have taken classes with us, you can find your transcript here in My Reports.
Learn some French quickly in a comfortable setting with a qualified, fluent and experienced Latin-American teacher. Ask questions to get what you want in the airport, taxi, hotel, restaurant, while shopping or touring, and understand and interact with the Spanish people you meet. You will receive a progress report card, a certificate of completion, and an income tax deduction receipt.
- Offered twice annually in fall and winter
- Friday 6:30-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm (18.5 hours)
- $340 (GST is not applied to Canadian official languages courses) includes a manual, Friday evening non-alcoholic beverages and finger foods as well as Saturday and Sunday lunches
1-Week French Immersion
Planning a business trip or a vacation to a French-speaking destination? Learn, maintain, and improve your French speaking and listening skills. this course focusses on conversation (speaking interaction), presentations (speaking production), listening comprehension, and level-appropriate grammatical concepts. You will receive a progress report card, a certificate of completion, and an income tax deduction receipt.
- Low beginner to advanced (6 possible levels)
- Offered in summer and winter
- Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (35 hours)
- $625 includes a manual and Friday luncheon (GST is not applied to Canadian official languages courses)
Explore 5-Week French Immersion
Accredited by the Council of Ministers of Education Canada (CMEC), Explore is five week French Immersion program specifically designed for students to study French as a Second Language. Students come from across Canada to learn French and experience French culture. The program features interest-based workshops, excursions in the surrounding area and to Banff, socio-cultural activities, and more.