Syllabus and Supplies
Adrian Golban Sculpture I: Facial Elements
For each of the ear, mouth/nose, and eye:
- Make a base
- Create the outline
- Build the face element
For the skull:
- Understand the anatomy of the face
- Measure and replicate the proportions and angles of the face
- Start with the large shapes and then move to the details
Students can work in pasticine or clay. Plasticine will not dry out, doesn't need to be fired, and can be used to make a mold. Clay tends to dry out, it will need to be fired which sometimes can lead to cracking, but it is more affordable.
- Plasticine: 20 lbs to be purchased online at Sculpture Supply Canada.
- OR clay: 1 box of either L215 of M340 from T&T Tree Pottery Supply.
- Tools: To be discussed in the first class. Please bring any you might have.
If you have any questions, please contact us and Adrian will be happy to advise.