Felting II: Developing Techniques and Styles
This two-weekend workshop will be more exploratory as participants experimentally create felt samples with various combinations of fibres in both wet felting and needle felting techniques. Trimmings, finishes, and edges in needle felted and wet felted processes will be developed and incorporated in their final works.
The $90 materials fee includes wool roving, fibres, yarn and embellishments, fabric, and the use of tools and accessories during the workshop. Students should also bring:
- The tools purchased in Felting I.
- Pantyhose legs, knee highs, or big rubber bands.
- Bath towel.
- Shear fabric that your breath can pass through for Nuno felting, such as silk or cotton such as cheesecloth. Some synthetic materials also work, but the more natural fibres felt best and faster.
- Various size needles for sewing, embroidery and beading (optional).
- Thread, embroidery floss (optional).