Digital Sketchbook for Traditional Artists
Using Procreate on the iPad, students will learn how a digital sketchbook can benefit the traditional artist. This workshop goes over, in detail, the Procreate interface and tools that make Procreate on the iPad feel like a traditional sketchbook but with added flexibility. Students will learn how easy and effective it is to develop traditional painting ideas using a digital medium.
- Get comfortable with the Procreate interface
- Custom gestures to speed up painting and drawing
- Import and Export in Procreate
- Creating colour palettes
- Explore Procreate brushes and how to customize the default brushes.
- Paint, smudge and erase tools
- The power of layers and masks
- Digital paint over techniques. Take your traditional painting into Procreate for a makeover!
- Generating colour thumbnails for traditional painting
- And much more…
The instructor will be using the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil but you can follow along with any iPad device and preferred stylus.