My Story: The Mandala on Silk Wheel
Instructor: Bonny Macnab
8 weeks: July 8 to August 26
$300 (supplies not included)
The mandala represents many cultures in story telling of the continuum in life. Tell your story in a creative unique way, while also learning about color techniques, watercolor and silk applications. This class is designed for beginners but will challenge the more experienced.
- Understand and apply color theory.
- Mix pure colors for watercolor and silk.
- Design the mandala.
- Understand and apply resist theory.
- Understand and apply watercolor techniques for fabric, particularly silk.
- Use knowledge from making a silk mandela to making other things fiber/silk.
- Discuss the possibilities of designing one’s own fabric.
The supplies and tools needed for this class are to be purchased at The Paint Spot in Edmonton. If you prefer to order by phone, please call 1-780-432-0240 and ask for the Mandala Silk Painting Kit for the U of S.