French Work Abroad Opportunities
Odyssey – a federal language assistant program
- Travel • Work • Learn
- Are you looking for a paid work experience in a school environment? Does the opportunity to travel throughout Canada, and share your culture appeal to you? Take part in Odyssey!
- Odyssey is a language-assistant program. Under the supervision of a teacher, your role will be to encourage students to improve their knowledge of the English language and its associated cultures and to use the language on a daily basis. You will leave your home province or territory to work in a rural or suburban area in another province.
- For more information, visit the Odyssey site at: http://www.myodyssey.ca/en/
Foreign Language Assistant Program in French
- Foreign Language Assistants travel to France or other French-speaking environments abroad to teach English while learning French and experiencing a new culture at the same time.
- For more information on these programs, please visit http://www.ciep.fr/en/assistantetr
“Au pair” program in France
- Through the Au pair program in France, individuals provide a maximum of 30 hours of childcare per week and may be asked to babysit in the evenings, but no more than two times per week.
- As an au pair in France, you’ll see how the French really live, experiencing day-to-day life with your host family and children. On your days off, you might spend some of your earnings travelling to nearby cities or taking some courses. Such opportunities allow you to improve your French skills on a daily basis. Locations are available throughout France, but mainly in the suburbs of Paris.
- For more information on the Au Pair program, please visit the Au Pair website at: http://www.interexchange.org/working-abroad/au-pair-program/become-au-pair-france