Where your adventure starts
Archaeology is the study of artifacts and other physical remains of earlier societies and communities in order to unravel the mysteries of human cultural diversity and adaptation. Archaeologists can reconstruct past human behaviours and life ways from tools, shelters, ornaments, food remnants, modified landscapes, and even human remains. Archaeology at the University of Saskatchewan focuses on the past peoples of western Canada and the broader Circumpolar North. The application of natural science methodologies in the analysis of archaeological materials is an important part of archaeological research. For this reason, the Department offers both B.A. and B.Sc. programs.
- EXPLORE the life ways of people long ago
- UNRAVEL the mysteries behind past societies and civilizations
- STUDY the past by exploring the possibilities for future research
- PARTICIPATE in the excavation of archaeological sites both at home and abroad
- These OPPORTUNITIES and more are available to you when you choose to major in Archaeology at the University of Saskatchewan.
Anthropology is the comprehensive study of human beings, past and present, in a comparative, cross-cultural and holistic light. Anthropology focuses on the role of culture in human behaviour and diversity, and exposes students to human evolutionary, environmental and language development and adaptation. Anthropology at the University of Saskatchewan demonstrates particular expertise in medical, environmental and applied anthropology, emphasizing Indigenous studies, globalization, the anthropology of gender, and psychological anthropology, with active research programs in local, international, urban, and institutional contexts. We emphasize community-based and engaged learning, a commitment to reconciliation, and a broad disciplinary foundation.
- EXPLORE the contemporary life ways of people around the globe.
- UNRAVEL the mysteries behind human cultural behaviour.
- SEARCH for the answers to the complex problems facing humans in a rapidly changing, globalizing world.
- LEARN how we are all different, and how we are all the same!
- These OPPORTUNITIES and more are available to you when you choose to major in Anthropology at the University of Saskatchewan.