Graduate Student Handbook
General Program, Thesis & Defence Information
- Graduate Programs Information (PDF) for graduate students on policies and procedures in the Department of Physics and Engineering Physics
- Qualifying Requirement Form (MS-WORD)
- Prescreening Form for Prospective Graduate Students (MS-WORD)
- Guidelines for Thesis Preparation
- Departmental Scholarship Application form: (MS-WORD) OR (PDF)
- Graduate scholarship descriptions (PDF)
- University Graduate Scholarships
Amounts as of 2008/2009 are $15,000 for MSc and $18,000 for PhD.
Dept requires 2 hours/week of teaching w/o additional remuneration.
- Graduate Teaching Fellowships
New amount as of 2008/2009 is $11,000 + $4000 summer supplement.
Dept requires 6 hours/week of teaching w/o additional remuneration.
- Depending on the area of research and other circumstances (such as needs) graduate students may be eligible for other awards administered by the College of Graduate Studies (CGSR). Students should consult CGSR Awards Database for eligibility and deadlines.
- NSERC award