Working Group Grant
Purpose: to support collaboration within and beyond the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts that leads to a number of possible outcomes including the development of national/international scholarly/artist work alliances, initiating collaborative links with community organizations, producing joint publications/creations, and/or developing new interdisciplinary programming. Student representation is encouraged.
Term: two years
Value: up to $4,000. This grant can be used to support visitors, collaborators, students, and/or related costs.
Eligibility: all faculty members in the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts.
Conditions: the successful Working Groups will:
- participate actively in relevant programs and activities of the ICCC;
- acknowledge the ICCC in any publications arising from the grant; and
- provide a one-page final report highlighting the results of the Working Group. Please note that future awards are dependent upon receipt of this report.
Application Procedures: applications must include one copy of each of the following:
- a letter of recommendation from a Humanities and Fine Arts faculty sponsor, and/or academic unit, explaining how this Working Group will (1) advance the work of the applicants, and (2) contribute to goals and visions of the ICCC;
- a descriptive title and a summary of the project in layperson’s terms (150 word maximum); and
- a detailed description of the project’s objectives, the plans and anticipated outcomes, and a budget (2 page maximum)
All application deadlines have been postponed until the new year. Applications can still be submitted under the caveat that decisions will not be made until a new committee is in place.
Alberta-Saskatchewan Research Collaboration Grant
The Kule Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Culture and Creativity (ICCC) announce a joint research team building grant opportunity for teams at both the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Alberta. This opportunity is designed to encourage the formation of research teams spanning both universities.
Deadline: April 16, 2018
Value: $10,000 ($5,000 at U of A and $5,000 at U of S) for a period of up to 18 months.
Application Procedures: applications should include:
- a title and discussion of the research focus (150 word maximum);
- names of the U of A PI and the U of S PI;
- names of team members at the two universities and a brief discussion of how their expertise advances the work of the team;
- a discussion of research objectives, activities that will be undertaken, and outcomes (2 page maximum); and
- a brief budget that is directly connected to research plans.
To be successful, applications should:
- include a team of full-time faculty at both the U of A and the U of S. The purpose of this opportunity is to encourage collaboration between researchers at our two universities.
- include at least one face-to-face meeting at the U of A and/or the U of S.
- be for research of national or international significance.
- be in an area of research in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or Fine Arts.
Applications will be adjudicated by a Joint Research Committee. Only one team will be supported per year. Applicants will be informed by the beginning of May.
Send applications to: